By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Disaster : Day of Crisis (Wii) first pic

Yeah, I've seen that pic in one of my old Nintendo Powers, mailing label said Oct 7, which sounds about right. Here's a pic from the article it was in. Fair Warning, fairly huge picture.

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/4278/nintendopowerox5.jpg

Around the Network

what's up with this onslaught of new members posting on outdated threads?

It was basically one guy, who got banned and then clearly came back for some more.  I think it's over now...except for the fact that now regulars are posting on these threads again...which I suppose isn't necessarily bad...just annoying...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

(at the risk of being on of those "regulars [who] are posting on these threads again...which I suppose isn't necessarily bad...just annoying...")

But... what is his motive? Is there anything to be gained from this at all from his part? 

being a nuisance perhaps?

He got banned for it, and then came back again with a different username to do the exact same thing.

I PM'd him about it, telling him that bumping old threads was quite annoying, and that he wasn't even contributing to those old threads.  I told him to stop, he never responded, but instead he kept bumping.  I banned him, he came back with a different username, bumping even more topics than before.  If that's not being a nuisance I don't know what is.

In the least he could have at least messaged me back and apologized or explained himself.  But no.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHaItCFGI_g

What happened to this :(.

your mother said:
May the force be with you on this one, Obi-wan. Reminds me of when a buddy got his first PC, about 4-5 years ago. He wanted games, so I ftp'd him some (back then) state-of-the-art games (HL, Undying, etc). He thought the graphics were the shiznit. Then I told him to download one more game I uploaded, a 6mb file. He said, "You're joking, right? Can a 6mb game be any good?" Six months later, he was STILL raving about the game - discussing strategies and tactics with me almost daily. Graphics sucked elephant 'nads - try VGA 320x200. No voice-overs. Even the MIDI sounds were craptastic, even back then. However, the gameplay rocked him so hard he didn't even play any "graphics-whore" games until he passed this 6mb game three times. This game is being revamped by indie developers/fans even today, to try to bring the graphics to today's standards while keeping the gameplay intact. I believe you can download it for free. The game? It's called X-Com. Man, some of the best games ever (for me at least) are turn-based strategy games. I don't care how you dress one of these games up, but if you've ever played X-Com, or Civilization for that matter, you can see while graphics do make the game look nice, the gameplay is what makes these games seriously rock. You want fancy-schmancy immersive graphics that cross the uncanny valley and look hot-shit? Rent a movie. LOTR is highly recommended. Otherwise, gameplay will, at least for me, ALWAYS come first.

Oh, X-Com was great. As I played I first, I remember I was wondering, why it became so light in the outside: I played through the whole night, without noticing.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]