By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Disaster : Day of Crisis (Wii) first pic

Around the Network

Was there any more info on the game? The pic looks good.

Well ....it seems a disaster yes ...those graphics would be at home on a Dreamcast or PS2 at best .

Auch those graphics , maybe they improve :).

Diomedes1976 said: Well ....it seems a disaster yes ...those graphics would be at home on a Dreamcast or PS2 at best .
I guess it's a good thing no one cares about gameplay, becuase we all know graphics never improve as a game's development advances.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

Diomedes1976 said: Well ....it seems a disaster yes ...those graphics would be at home on a Dreamcast or PS2 at best .
Do I have to bring out Wallguy? Different companies have different development methodologies and some produce excellent looking graphics early while others improve constantly ... Iterative methodologies are actually gaining more ground lately as it seems to be a more reliable way to build a high quality product. One iterative strategy I know of involves producing a prototype of every level in a game (usually using very basic textures) and planning a new "release" every six weeks. In the last 6 months most of the improvement is graphical touch-ups which dramatically improve the look of the game. I don't have a clue as to how this game is being developed, or whether this screenshot will be representative of the final product, but looking at games like SSX and Mario Sunshine I suspect that (at this point) the graphics could improve dramatically

Ah ....gameplay ....a arrow indicates left and you move the wiimote to the left !!!Clapclapclap !!! Just brilliant ....wonder why nobody has tought about that before .....

Diomedes1976 said: Ah ....gameplay ....a arrow indicates left and you move the wiimote to the left !!!Clapclapclap !!! Just brilliant ....wonder why nobody has tought about that before .....
Actually, looking at the screenshot you can see a timer at the top and a symbol indicating you have no camera controll at the bottom; it is plausable that the arrow represents a visual cue on the direction of a timed objective you have to complete and has (very little) to do with input. It could also mean ... look at this guy's penis ... but we will have to wait for more information to know

I was looking forward to this game, based on the 3 second teaser I saw at E3...and I think they'll live up to the hype. I seriously doubt this pic is indicative of what the final game will look like. oh yeah...and that arrow is SO pointing to the right, fyi

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Diomedes1976 said: Ah ....gameplay ....a arrow indicates left and you move the wiimote to the left !!!Clapclapclap !!! Just brilliant ....wonder why nobody has tought about that before .....
Gran Turismo 5: Move d-pad left, car goes left That gameplay would be at home on the NES, at best

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"