By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "Im a PC! Got a problem with that?": New Microsoft advertisements kick off.

I also like the fact the ad was made on a mac
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/09/19/microsofts_im_a_pc_campaign_created_with_macs.html

@redspear, i aalways felt the ads just poked fun at pc hardware manufactures/windows os, and not the people using them. but maybe that just me, where the MS ad, shows people use their computers for different thing which should get a resunding duh 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

If they want to make a decent PC ad, all they need to do is have some guy say "I'm a PC! People actually BUY me! Because I'm not an arrogant, poncy, smug, conceited fart smelling gimp".

Pretty simple. One single visit to an Apple shop was enough to convince me that anyone who actually buys one of those one button freakshows deserves to be slapped in the face with a large fish.

Will you teach me to football?

I'm a PC.

A PC WITH LINUX!!

Am a PC that runs Fedora and XP as Vista = failure. Mac OSX.5 > Vista SP1

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Apple's ads are better. At least they're funny and make sense (regardless of wether I agree or not with what they say). Of course, the ending of the first one is funny, but somehow I think that part wasn't in the original ad.

Around the Network
goddog said:

I also like the fact the ad was made on a mac
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/09/19/microsofts_im_a_pc_campaign_created_with_macs.html

hahahahaha.

Man that's clasic.

Heh. They're nothing special.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

they are fighting stereotypes... its good idea,
pc is not only the office dude that was shown in commercial
windows is used by tons of profesionals teachers students, even if a piece of bugged crap.

apple was trying to make the mac guy look cool but i think it backfired.
i was a headshot that guy.

i find these ads funny as a response to the pc stereotype that has been made in the apple ads, but it doesn't tell you any of the benefits

One question though -- Does that make a difference? Anyone who cares about the benefits the PC has over the apple probably already knows about them, and anybody who doesn't will think "oh look, a celebrity is a pc, not just nerds". ... or not, not really sure

Apple's are for people who want to think they're special.

Yeah, you are special. It takes a special kind of dumbass to pay $500-1000 extra for an Apple with half the compatibility of a PC.