By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii only owners: Could you see yourself getting a PS3 after a price drop?

Lets make this fun

I have to ask, as a Wii only owner, could you see yourself getting a PS3 for the right price?  I know Sony offended alot of people by the abortion of pricing their console at $600 (although it is worth :D), however,could you guys see yourself in the future getting a PS3?

If yes, what would be your golden price and your favorite pack-in (Since the Wii did come with Wii sports :D).  For example:

Yes, I would get a PS3.  My Golden Price would be $350 with a pack in game (Little Big Planet).

Console Agnostic since 2001.

Around the Network

Can I answer? Because I chose 6 months ago to not get a PS3 because I found the 360 more appealing.

If I hadn't, however, I would only have gotten a PS3 if I could get it for like 250 euros with Uncharted as a pack-in. Which would never happen, so yeah :p

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Can I answer? Because I chose 6 months ago to not get a PS3 because I found the 360 more appealing.

If I hadn't, however, I would only have gotten a PS3 if I could get it for like 250 euros with Uncharted as a pack-in. Which would never happen, so yeah :p

Thats cool.  I know alot of Wii owners on this board are waiting to get a PS3 for the right price.  It has a stellar library coming up (Little Big Planet, Resistance 2), a complete package (free online, wifi built in), and bluray. I feel sad for you UK guys.  You get ripped off on pricing so hard.

I was Wii only for a year. $500 + MGS4 did it for me, like it did for a lot of people I guess.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

chenguo4 said:
I was Wii only for a year. $500 + MGS4 did it for me, like it did for a lot of people I guess.

There's still alot of Wii only people out there that will not buy a Xbox 360 regardless of what it has on it.  I know alot of my friends are Wii only owners and keep telling me that they will get a PS3 once its $349 with Little Big Planet.  I wonder if it is the same effect on this forum.

Around the Network

nope. I'm very happy with my Wii.
Since Mario Kart released I haven't put another disc in the slot.
Meanwhile I'm playing PaperMario 64 and Zelda: A Link To The Past from the Virtual Console.
Both huge games.

Master Mii Artisan 

Yea if Bluray really got me wanting HD movies. And if the PS3 was back compatible, i need to play GOW, etc

i dk how much, but much cheaper than current oz price. Pack in, sure id be hopin for Wideout

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I'm still undecided between PS3 and 360, although, I wont be getting any until the end 2009 early 2010. By then, games will be my deciding factor and I can tell you right now, it'll be a tough one.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

Hopefully I will be able to eventually. I loved my PS2 last generation and would happily upgrade to a PS3 when its prices is low enough down under. Its currently still in the $600+ range so thats far too high for me. Hence my decision to purchase a 360 at the end of last year to go with my Wii.

My golden price would be $299 with a bundled game such as LBP, GOW III or the next team Ico game.

I'm staying with the one system. Wii + Free Indy PC Games fill up all my gaming time.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption