By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii only owners: Could you see yourself getting a PS3 after a price drop?

talkingparrot said:
$150 dollars seriously guys? :-/???? I think your taking it a bit too far.

I think $329-$349 with a stellar pack-in is a great value. built in wifi, out of the box internet, and bluray. shrug.

Then you just don't understand the market. Your motivation for buying a PS3 is *completely* different from some of our motivations.

The days of me buying a console to buy (additional) games are OVER. I have heaps of consoles, and heaps of games - and I can get "great" games for $20-$50 (if not less). There is no motivation for me to spend *hundreds* (and the PS3 is STILL $700! here in Australia).

WiFi/Internet - whatever. I have plenty of Internet machines, and my wife has a iTouch which she loves.

Ironically, the primary reason I would get a PS3 is BluRay - something I honestly have little/no interest in. It (PS3) would effectively be a "toy", and as such I am only willing to pay "toy" prices for it.

But that's just me - everyone has their own motivations and reasons for all purchases (I'd be much more likely to get one of the new iTouch devices - and if one ever comes out with VoIP built-in - I'm so there...).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

I wil definitively buy a Blu-ray player in the following months... Could be PS3 if price drop at 349$ with one movie or NHL 2009 (EA)

I might buy a PS3 when the price gets low enough, but exactly what "low enough" means depends directly on how many games for it I'm interested in that I can't get on a console I already own. Currently that number stands at two, only one of which has been released (namely MGS4). That's several price drops away at the absolute earliest.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

i am buying ps3 soon, i always owned sony and nintendo consoles every gen, this gen i just had to wait longer for ps3 to get games i like, there is still only 2-3 games i want on ps3, that's not enough to get ps3 but the future titles look good like god of war and LPB, killzone and resistance don't interest me one bit, games like uncharted, ratchet and whatever team ICO do will interest me though.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

No.

Around the Network
talkingparrot said:

I think you guys waiting for BC will be disappointed. That is never going to come back. I think you guys should look forward to the games coming out:

Little Big Planet

Resistance 1 * 2

Uncharted Drake's Fortune

Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of Destruction

I would rather have backwards wompatability than every game you have listed there. To get me to buy the system it would have to be in the $200 range tops and have a lot more games that appeal to me. Currently the list of games I would actually buy for it is extremely low, and consists entirely of multi-platform titles that I can get on a cheaper system.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Nope... It doesn't have an interesting library. It's the only reason I buy consoles.

I won't ever be picking up a PS3, but it's more for the fact that I can't get enough time to play all the games I want to on my Wii and Xbox 360. On top of the fact I spend too much money on two systems as it is as well.

Now, once next gen comes about, I may pick up a PS4, assuming it has BC, and pick up a few PS3 games I really wanted. I have a very loose plan on switching off between Xbox and PS each generation. Because then I can buy the games from the previous gen I couldn't play, and I'll always be able to play all the games from all systems. I'll just be one gen behind at any given time for one console. Very loose plan of course. Depending on games, prices, backward compatability,...

Oh, and then if Sony doesn't release a console next gen because they are solely backing PS3 on their planned 10 year life span, then I won't be getting Sony next gen obviously. I'll just get the next Xbox.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

talkingparrot said:
$150 dollars seriously guys? :-/???? I think your taking it a bit too far.

I think $329-$349 with a stellar pack-in is a great value. built in wifi, out of the box internet, and bluray. shrug.

I say you are wasting your time. You need to remember that there's people in this thread who never owned a PS2 last gen despite it having the best game library. Ask yourself: If some people here never felt motivated to buy a PS2, does the PS3 stand a chance? Also, most people don't have time/money for every system.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I was considering buying a PS3 last week to store and playback my recordings when I get a HD camcorder shortly. But decided I will just stick to playing them on my PC as I would have to install a new hard drive as 80gb won't be enough and connecting a USB hard drive wasn't as straightforward as I thought (apparently it has to be reformatted to FAT32 or something like that).

Now I don't think I will ever get a PS3 no matter what price it is. I am not interested in any of the games apart from Resident Evil and I am hoping to get a version on the Wii with proper controls. I could get a PS3 for Blu Ray but I don't see myself using a games console for that. I am waiting for a Blu Ray recorder with 250gb to 500gb to come out then I will get it.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down