By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii only owners: Could you see yourself getting a PS3 after a price drop?

Right now, I'm seeing myself maybe getting one when it's 150 or 200€, probably next generation. Then I'm sure it'll have enough games that I really want (so far there's only Metal Gear Solid 4).

Around the Network

I feel im a good person to answer this. Since December 2006, ive been a Wii-only owner, bar about 3 months when I moved out of home and had to save up for my own last year. Two weeks ago I got a PS3 to go with it. This was because:

1. I got it for free on a phone contract - £30 per month for 10 months - £300 overall.
2.I recently got a 1080p HDTV, so I wanted a Bluray player.
3.Wipeout HD, sequel to my favourite racing series ever, is coming very soon.
4.I had a PS2 last gen, and for all the brilliant Wii titles like Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, Brawl... I cant go for years without Gran Turismo, Wipeout and Burnout.

So there you have it, price, features and games led me to the PS3. It goes very well with the Wii and they both see pretty equal play time.

And the 360? Dead to me. Don't care. None of the IPs of the PS3 I want, none of the Wii's innovation and killer games. And the thought of sinking hundreds into anything with more than a 5% failure rate is idiocy to me. And to say its more than 5% is an understatement.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

for me? once it reaches 150 dollars or less..with FFXIIIvs

^_^''

no other way I'm getting one..I just don't have the money

Yep, saving my money at the moment for one. Not buying one at the current prices though. Would like to see $400 80g, b/c and with a packed in game (pef LBP). Instead of $500 for the 80g and mgs4. B/C is a must though since I didn't own a PS2 last gen.

if it's $99, yes. I'd like to play some PS2 games. Otherwise, no, because im so poor.

Around the Network

Hell yes. And Luckily if I ever buy the damn thing Id like it to be packed with Valkyria Chronicles/Eternal Sonata/Metal Gear 4. Any 3 of those.

Depends if I can name as many game i must own as the console costs im talking like games you have to have so far only 2 for PS3 and 1 for 360 and 8 for Wii and multiplatform games like Rockband and GH dont count.

"Like you know"

I will pick up my PS3 on the used market -- just like I did with the PS2, Xbox, GC, PS1, N64, DC, Saturn, SNES, Genesis, SMS, NES ...

This is just a description of my typical buying pattern -- the Wii was a big exception for me.

But I can see eventually getting a PS3. I just don't know when. (And I would love to find a 60G unit 8*>)

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV