By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii only owners: Could you see yourself getting a PS3 after a price drop?

I've got enough games to play on the wii + ds already........buying another system wouldn't make sense for me at this point. If I was to pick a system, I would definitely get a PS3 over 360, but it would have to have full BC, which isn't going to happen......so yeah.

Around the Network

My brother already has a PS3, so if anything interest me comes on it *coughvalkariachroniclescough* I'll just borrow it from him.

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

Bokal said:
Lots of strange requests on this thread.

You all own a wii.

We know Nintendo is making money on each wii sold, the hardware is cheaper than what it's sold.
We also know that sony is losing money on each PS3 sold.

And you're all asking for a PS3 at a price below the price of the wii, sometimes a lot below.

Also, the request of the BC seems strange to me... I have a 60Go PS3, with BC, I used it ONCE, to play god of war 2, only PS2 game I bought after my PS3. And actually, I could have used my PS2 to play it. I'd be curious to know how many people really use it.

My PS2 is about to die, it can cause damage to my discs as well. (One of the Earlier Models) I rather have a ps3 that plays ps2 games than a ps2 that can damage my ps2 games. Also unlike you, I use my ps3 for ps2 games.

Bokal said:

You all own a wii.

We know Nintendo is making money on each wii sold, the hardware is cheaper than what it's sold.

And you're all asking for a PS3 at a price below the price of the wii, sometimes a lot below.

Also, the request of the BC seems strange to me... I have a 60Go PS3, with BC, I used it ONCE, to play god of war 2, only PS2 game I bought after my PS3. And actually, I could have used my PS2 to play it. I'd be curious to know how many people really use it.

Gameplay over graphics for me.  I don't even have a HD TV, so graphics isn't important to me.  The wii can have near as good of graphics (not as good, but good enough that gameplay >>>> graphics) as the PS3 if you use a standard TV.

I already have a wii, so I don't really need a another console.  Plus, I like that wii games come out at $49 or less instead of $59.  I am not asking for a PS3...  This thread is asking me to get a PS3.  It's not exactly something high on my list of wants as I am happy with my wii.  If I didn't have a wii, you could add $25 to my $150-$350 price range I gave for the PS3.

What's a PS3? XD

Around the Network
Bokal said:

You all own a wii.

A consoles worth to the consumer is not measured by how much it costs to make.

I have used this example before, but a silver ring can cost thousands of pounds/dollars/Euros... but if you melted it down you would only get maybe £20-30 worth of silver at the most.

I don't value the PS3 as high as the Wii because t has fewer games that appeal to me, and I don't care about Blu-Ray or DVD capabilities, nor about HD graphics when I use a 15" portable, (and the same reason for uncompressed sound)

Had the Wii not been made (say Nintendo went bankrupt with the GC) then I might have bought a PS3 for £150 (GameCube launched at £130... and Wii at £180 FYI) and I would have wanted Backward compatibility with that because I never owned a PS2.

---

As it is however, I have a Wii already, and if I had bought most of the games I wanted for it then I would consider a PS3 at £50 (assuming the DS stays the same price, because I want one of those first, also assuming the PS2 is not down to £20 already, as a PS2 would suffice to bring any gaming I miss from the Wii, that being racing simulators and GTA)

Seeing as how I have a Wii and a 360, no. I don't see myself getting one.

Seeing how I own a PS2 that works fine, I don't really require BC. That said, it does add value to me, even if only used a little. You wouldn't know it from my profile (I didn't bother to add PS2 games), but I have far more PS2 games than wii games. I did say BC is worth an extra $100 to me for the price of a PS3, even though it only costs Sony about $80 to add it in.

I don't care if Nintendo makes $150 per console at the current price, and if Sony loses $300 per console at current prices. That is Sony's problem, not mine. I value the wii more.

I have nothing inheirently against the ps3, but I doubt I'd pick one up. I wouldn't want the added cost of a second system, even if it were the same price as the Wii.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

SuperDave same, i don't see why people will buying ps3.