By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii only owners: Could you see yourself getting a PS3 after a price drop?

I have a wii and pc, so no need for a PS3,

Maybe as a BR Player so around 250 Euro for a PS3 i would consider it.

Improvements are caused by people who complain

Around the Network

Nope. There really isn't any games on it for me, I hate stealth games so there goes MGS4, I didn't like killzone 1 and I have 0 interest in LBP

I'll prob get a 360 once Fable 2 and KOTOR 3 are out though.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Yeah why is that TP, back compatible makes perfect sense. What a bunch of thieves

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I'd pay £50 for one (which is $100, but would be the equivalent of $60-70 price in USA)

Don't get me wrong, I think it is worth more money than that, but I don't need 2 consoles, and there are other Wii games I would rather buy first.

If they restore BC, give me a Legend of Dragoon sequel, and get the price down to $300 (but I perfectly understand they need to sell the system at a profit first), then I would likely save up for it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
Yeah why is that TP, back compatible makes perfect sense. What a bunch of thieves

Well, I know Wii owners are used to having it all, but you have to remember the Playstation 3 costs more to make than what you are paying for it.  Nixing backwards compatibility saves them 25 dollars.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

There we go. At least there are a lot of reasonable requests here. Unlike the $129 request.... WTF!?

I'm glad that Wii owners are reasonable. It seems alot of you will purchase the PS3 eventually. I think a 349 price point and Little Big Planet will get most of you to budge next Christmas. That plus Final Fantasy XIII :D.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

Nah. A 360 is above a PS3 on my shopping list, and I just don't have time for a 360 - let alone buying some of the new Wii (or DS) games.

A PS3 would have to drop to "DVD player" prices for me to be interested at this stage - $150AU ($99US), which is years away.

But if I end up with a lot more spare time, things could change...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

No. Even if they give PS3 or 360 for free I wouldn't get one. Don't get me wrong, they are both good consoles however the Wii + high end PC = more than enough gaming for me already.