By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii only owners: Could you see yourself getting a PS3 after a price drop?

The pack-in I would want the most is backwards compatibility. I like my PS2, but am well aware that it's only a matter of time before it stops working some day. The PS3 on the other hand seems to be extremely reliable, probably since very few expenses were spared in designing it.

If that isn't happening, then it's more about exclusive content than price to me. A vast majority of titles that interest me are either on the Wii or PC, and most of the noteworthy PS3 exclusives are very short, so I can play them by borrowing a friend's console for a few weeks. Little Big Planet is a very good example of what I'd want, but it's just one title. Maybe if PSN games really took off, since a lot of them seem like great fun.

Probably getting one anyway if the price ever drops to 200€, but even 300€ is acceptable if it gets the ability to play PS2 games and/or a notable amount of interesting exclusives.

Around the Network

now that I also have a 360:

$150 with no games. (or +20 with MSG)

iif I didn't have a 360 it would have been $200 with no games or $250 with MSG

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

A price drop would be nice but what I'm waiting for are more games/BC. Can't justify dropping 400$ now for just MGS4/RFOM and blu-ray. Though I might be tempted to pick one up in early 2009 since RFOM2/RE5 would be out along with a rumoured Feb. release date of SF4.

I would seriously consider it, if only for the Blu-Ray.

LBP looks pretty good, but that's only one game I'd like to play on the PS3. That and I'd have to buy an HDTV to enjoy HD graphics. I might consider it, if there was a €200 bundle with LBP. I doubt it'll happen any time soon, so I'll just keep my Wii and gaming PC for now. :)

Around the Network

i still think 360 is much more better.

Nope.

Not enough exclusive games that cater to the very tight Rubang demographic. I'm a tough crowd.

If it was priced around $200 - 250 and KH3 is announced for it then yes i would get it. Otherwise it's not looking good

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Maybe at $299 with LBP.

I think you guys waiting for BC will be disappointed. That is never going to come back. I think you guys should look forward to the games coming out:

Little Big Planet

Resistance 1 * 2

Uncharted Drake's Fortune

Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of Destruction

Console Agnostic since 2001.