By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii only owners: Could you see yourself getting a PS3 after a price drop?

$200 with no bc or $300 with good bc. No sooner. I waited 3 years for the PS2 price drops, I can wait a few years more for the PS3, especially since it caters to me far less than the PS2.

Btw, I have no use for blu-ray or many of it's other features. *shrugs*

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

PS3 is a great multimedia device, it's very useful and an all in one product. But if I had to choose again based on just games; no, the price would have to be around $200 ish for me to see any value in it as it is now.

This is all within the situation of the PS3 having BC and everything it has to offer not being considered outside the realm of gaming; this includes online gaming, and all PSN activities that directly deal with gaming.

As If I wanted to browse the web, Wii has that already, to me the PS3 as it is would be a great addition but nothing more than a suppliment.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I will buy it for $125

talkingparrot said:

Lets make this fun

I have to ask, as a Wii only owner, could you see yourself getting a PS3 for the right price?  I know Sony offended alot of people by the abortion of pricing their console at $600 (although it is worth :D), however,could you guys see yourself in the future getting a PS3?

If yes, what would be your golden price and your favorite pack-in (Since the Wii did come with Wii sports :D).  For example:

Yep, my answer was 3 months ago when I stayed up late for the MGS4 bundle, then went to Walmart before it opened in the morning after walmart.com failed me.

It did take the MGS4 bundle w/ PS2 compatibility, $100 back from walmart, and $100 back from sony card to get me to do it though.  Since I wanted Blu-Ray to go with the HDTV I just got, it was too good to pass up.  I'm now playing Rock Band, and Heavenly Sword, and have Civ Rev unopened...

(For background, I went from PS1 straight to getting the Wii at launch, skipping all of last gen's systems, so PS2 compatibility was a big deal to me.  Before the PS1, the last consoles I had were Colecovision and 2600)

I do think that at some point BC emulation will be released in the PS shop.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Around the Network

I'll end up buying a PS3 when and if Team ICO's next game is released. I may have to wait past that point, so that the price will come down.

The 360, right now, is much higher on my priority list. My brother also owns one, and I'd like to be able to play Gears with him online.

Stuff that would interest me in a PS3: Little Big Planet, Final Fantasy XIII, and backwards compatibility.

For me, it would have to be less than $250 US dollars, maybe $200. I know that is a long way off, but I have no pressing need for a PS3. I may never get one. A 360 is probably more likely, but even that would be a long way off. Again, I may never get one (a couple of close friends I spend a lot of time with just bought one, so I will play with them to get my fix though).

Right now, I have too many Wii games on my list to buy. I need more time to play, and games aren't exactly cheap either. Once I run out of games on the Wii list, then I will consider spending money on a new console.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Probably not, i'd rather get a 360, better exclusives.

For me to pick up a PS3, it'd need at the very least BC and more exclusive games available. I couldn't care less for HD, and as such blu-ray is useless to me outside of perhaps extra content in a game. A cheaper price is always nice but i'd pay 300 two years down the line if it had BC, especially if its only an extra 25 bucks (and by then all these big sony 1st party games should be out by then).

um..stuff

i did, after owning the wii for a year.

right now wii game library its null for me, nothing for the end 2008, and waiting to tokyo game show to know if i should keep it or not. as shams said: it kind of a "toy" but this time its the wii.

right now i am having tons of fun playing metal gear online, next month, bioshock, eternal sonata, lbd, and naruto ninja storm are going to be released. =)