By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii only owners: Could you see yourself getting a PS3 after a price drop?

BC back and the sweet price of 199 euros will do it for me. Not enough good games for my tastes, I have finished Metal Gear Solid 4 on my cousin PlayStation 3 so i don't expect much from the console anymore. I have my friends Xbox360 that he has lend to me because he is in the army and i only use it for Virtua Fighter 5 online matches.

My other gaming time goes to Wii,DS and PC.

Around the Network

I'm going with no. Not many games appeal to me on the other consoles, and one console and a handheld is enough for me. I've always been a Nintendo fan and I don't plan on changing that anytime soon.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

I was a Wii owner but I've chosen a 360 instead because all RPGs that interest me (except FFXIIIVS) are on 360 (and Wii).

I won't ever get a PS3 or a Blu-Ray player (I would buy a computer with a BD drive though).

The problem with the PS3 is that most exclusive games are first party and I hate Sony's first party. By the way, PS2 is the only last generation console that I own.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

talkingparrot said:
I'm glad that Wii owners are reasonable. It seems alot of you will purchase the PS3 eventually. I think a 349 price point and Little Big Planet will get most of you to budge next Christmas. That plus Final Fantasy XIII :D.

I'm a little put off by the implication that someone who doesn't plan on buying a product you like is unreasonable, but I don't think you meant to offend, so I'll leave it at that.

Here's what I posted in another thread about the 360 price cut, the only thing I would change about it to make it relevent to the ps3 is there actually is one PS3 game that interests me which I could see playing around my son.

Its not a bad deal in absolute terms, but it would be a bad deal for me.

I don't have enough time to play all the Wii games I want; getting access to a whole other library would just be over kill. Then when you factor in that the only games on the 360 I wish I had are ones I wouldn't play with my son around (meaning very little chance to play them) and that our entertainment unit is so crowded right now I don't know where I would put a 360, it just seems like for me that buying a 360 would be throwing money away.

So no, I am not tempted, at all.

I wonder if you miss the point that most people who own just one console own the console that best suits their gaming needs. And no matter how cheap competing consoles get, for most people its not worth it because they already have access to plenty of games that they like. (if I bought a 360, that would mean that a whole bunch of money that could have gone to buying games went to buying redudent HW)

No. I prefer a home-theater PC in my living room. Watch a blu-ray movie while downloading torrents? Play GTA IV in 1080p? Can't do that on a console :)

Wii is required of course, gotta have the #1 selling console every gen.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Around the Network

No.

No, I would go 360 instead, but I wont.

Pricecut? I'll probably buy a PS3 before the pricecut. Depends.

Ironically I took up a 2nd job so i could have some money i could throw around and not feel guilty about throwing around. (Economy as bad as it is i wanna have a lot saved in the bank... investments taking a hit and all.)

Depending how long I can handing working 7 days a week will decide whether I get a PS3 or as 360. Or both.

Sure, I'd buy it at any price point at which I'm sure I could turn around and sell it for more but I have zero - NADA - zip interest in playing one.

Pretty pictures but the controls are so yesterday's news.

if it was cheaper than the 360 yes, it not, no