By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PS3 DETERMINES wat nxt gen is..callin out all 360 & Wii fans come read

just found an intrestin blog, i suggest you read.

"We are now in the seventh generation of gaming consoles. What does this mean? What is next gen gaming? The Wii, X-Box 360 and the PS3 are all considered next generation systems. In my opinion, the only console I truly consider next gen is the PS3.

The Wii and the 360 aren’t that much better than their predecessors. The 360 is just an HD version of the X-Box with better components. It has a better graphics card, processor, and an improved online service. You can buy its hardware off the shelves. If you update your computer’s hardware, is your computer going to the next generation? You would also think something that is in next generation would be considered a better working technology then the last. X-Box didn’t have a 34% failure rate like the 360 does.

The Wii has more functionality then the Gamecube with its internet connectivity. It adds more motion control to the game play too, and that’s about it. Graphically its better but it isn’t considered HD, which is the “next generation” of entertainment. The Wii however does change how you play your games. Not quite there, but still closer then the 360. You can say that both systems are in the next generation in their line of consoles, but not in the video game industry.

The PS3 introduces breakthrough technologies to gaming. It has a new data format (Blu Ray), wireless technology (Blu Tooth), and a new processor (Cell). It is truly a media center which in my opinion is the next step that consoles was destined to take. The PS3 doesn’t just move past the last system, it leaps forward.

Sony determines the next generation because their systems have brought something new to the table and raised the bar for its competitors. The Blu Ray and the Cell processor makes it possible for developers to make games that are huge in scoop. The only hurdle is that the developers in general have to learn how to develop for it. Insomniac and Naughty Dog are two examples of studios that are learning what the PS3 can do, and are exploiting it. Imagine the games they will make in a few years.

Entering the next generation means that you advanced your craft and others have to follow suit. If you think about it, all of Sony’s innovations will sooner or later become the norm. The PS3 will have games that can't be developed on a Wii or a 360. MGS4 is a perfect example with the upcoming online game MAG. Don’t fool ourselves; it is all about the games. That makes the PS3 a next generation console and sooner or later the other consoles will be too."

blog by DCI

site: http://gosviews.blogspot.com/

Around the Network

THIS IS A BLOG, THIS IS NOT FROM SONY

THIS IS A BLOG THIS IS NOT FROM SONY

I hope you get banned, you are going to start the biggest flamewar this site has ever seen

mM
Soriku said:
Before anyone starts, this is an opinion by a random blogger.

great minds think alike

mM

How is the PS3 'true next gen' when Cell phones have been around since the 1980s? Im pretty sure they integrated Blu Tooth wayy before the PS3 came around as well.

Tease.

Ack! I almost fell for it! Well done, OP. Although you've got a ways to go if you want to catch Rol...

Around the Network

I remember when someone posted another thread, about sony europes "OLD" boss saying that the wii will lose this console war, and everyone started a huge flamewar saying sony is full of $hit, even though they had nothing to do with that statement.

mM

so according to this guy upgrading your pc from Pentium 3 to say quad core? is not generational leap, that alone should make all of his other points.... well pointless

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Yeah, that's why Sony got motion controls after Nintendo did. That's why Sony got Trophies after MS got the achievements. That's why Sony is trying to cater to the wider audience, they even made a game that resembles Nintendogs (Eyepet). But oh wait, they have more disk space and shinier graphics.

And Blue Tooth is inside every Wiimote you know?

Everyone is following Sony this gen, there's no doubt about it /sarcasm

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

It's an biased, opinionated blog entry, not an article. Besides, it's really just one person's rant. And to make an entry about it? = PHAIL.

Dem dar fightun wurds!

You heard it here first folks.