By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can the wii hit 50 million by the end of 2008?

With john lucas predicting 60 million by the end of this year, and some users on vgchartz predicting anywhere from 50-60million LTD by 1/01/09

Do you guys think the wii will hit 50 million before the end of 2008? If so why?

If not why?

mM
Around the Network

I don't see it going higher than 42.... seriously...

I just don't see it selling fast enough to hit 50 this year.

4 ≈ One

It'll hit 44 million. John Lucas' prediction assumed a lot more stock than what we have seen.

@Etecoon

My official prediction was 38 million by the way

mM
leo-j said:
@Etecoon

No it wasn't.

It was 29-33.

Around the Network

There isn't the supply for it to hit 60 million or 50 million. It will be between 41-44 million.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

It's simply not possible for the Wii to maintain that demand for the rest of the year to achieve that , maybe a 40% price drop could do it .

super_etecoon said:
leo-j said:
@Etecoon

No it wasn't.

It was 29-33.

WTF?

No my prediction was I believe somewhere from 33-37million or something

I most certainly wasnt in the 20 million range..

mM

No way it will.

I expect it to hit 45 million.