By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can the wii hit 50 million by the end of 2008?

dam you fishy joe

dam you!!

mM
Around the Network
FishyJoe said:

Sound familiar? From March 28, 2008:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=21922

leo-j said:

Ive seen some of your guys signatures, like neos and  more users stating the wii will be almost at 50 million by this year's end, I dont understand why you guys beleive this, though what do you think will happen for the wii to reach that numbers since I think its impossible, what do you think that makes it possible?

The price? Increase in demand? Nintendo creating more wii's? What?

Why I expect the wii to end up with as much as 33 million consoles by the end of 2008:

I do not expect the wii to be something that every person in the world wants and it will no longer sell out sometime in mid 08, demand should be met at that point and sales should drop to around 360 levels.

Notice: I can be wrong, Im not a fortune teller than can tell the future like some people that have posted on this forum stating the wii "WILL" sell more than 40 million, meaning they  already know what will happen in the future since they can predic it after all.

Hahaha now Leo-J you got to stop predicting insane things. Try to be a little more realist for your predictions in 2009 and also, try to remember your own predictions.

The Wii will be around 44-45 mil by the end of this year.

atma998 said:
FishyJoe said:

Sound familiar? From March 28, 2008:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=21922

leo-j said:

Ive seen some of your guys signatures, like neos and  more users stating the wii will be almost at 50 million by this year's end, I dont understand why you guys beleive this, though what do you think will happen for the wii to reach that numbers since I think its impossible, what do you think that makes it possible?

The price? Increase in demand? Nintendo creating more wii's? What?

Why I expect the wii to end up with as much as 33 million consoles by the end of 2008:

I do not expect the wii to be something that every person in the world wants and it will no longer sell out sometime in mid 08, demand should be met at that point and sales should drop to around 360 levels.

Notice: I can be wrong, Im not a fortune teller than can tell the future like some people that have posted on this forum stating the wii "WILL" sell more than 40 million, meaning they  already know what will happen in the future since they can predic it after all.

Hahaha now Leo-J you got to stop predicting insane things. Try to be a little more realist for your predictions in 2009 and also, try to remember your own predictions.

The Wii will be around 44-45 mil by the end of this year.

My best prediction so far is still in my signature, and Im going on with my LBP prediction which will sell (predicting) 1 million copies in october alone.

mM

Yep 40-45 mln sounds about right.

If you simply say it will have the same YoY growth as it had for the first 6 months of the year, it will see 12M in Oct+Nov+Dec.

With 1M in sept, that would make 45M.

And people, stop picking on Leo-J. He has said some pretty moronic things in the past, but his predictions now are far better. Look at them, not the old ones.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

I'm gonna say 42-44 million.

Oyvoyvoyv said:

If you simply say it will have the same YoY growth as it had for the first 6 months of the year, it will see 12M in Oct+Nov+Dec.

With 1M in sept, that would make 45M.

And people, stop picking on Leo-J. He has said some pretty moronic things in the past, but his predictions now are far better. Look at them, not the old ones.

The only reason they are more realistic is because we do bring up past performance. Otherwise they would probably be even crazier by now.

I can only see it reaching 40 million due to poor supply in the US

Well when the poll was up I selected 45 million for the Wii, 25 million for the 360, and 20 million for the PS3.

im gunna go for 42 million

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia