By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

naznatips no impressed, who sis not see that coming.

Around the Network

I am not dissapointed and that is good they did not bring the game trailer of 2005 but it is not far off.

I am sure no one who wanted Killzone 2 will be dissapointed especially because this is a pre-alpha and graphic wise it can grow :).

Let the hype grow more.

It is long ago but Sony you did a great job.

Diomedes1976 said:
It looks as good as anything out there .It looks intense and inmersive .It will have multiplayer .Great facial animation .Remarkably close to E32005 video .What do people want ??

I would argue that it was not "remarkably close to the E3 2005 video" but that is (in a large part) because there were a lot of graphical effects that were being done in the E3 2005 video which made it obvious that it was pre-rendered ...

I suspect that a lot of people are not really that impressed is that when you look at games like Half-Life 2 (2004), FEAR (2005), and Gears of War (2006) what we have seen from Killzone 2 does not make it stand out; certainly it heavily uses a lot of advanced graphical techniques but they're not new and they do not have the impact they once did. The artistic style and setting are generic and the graphical techniques have been used in countless other games so it doesn't have that much that is new or unique about it to really impress people.

Essentially, evolutionary improvements do not have the impact of revolutionary improvements and there is nothing revolutionary about Killzone 2.

Essentially, evolutionary improvements do not have the impact of revolutionary improvements and there is nothing revolutionary about Killzone 2.

==> I think it is a question of taste,
I like Killzone2 artistic style,
whatever, there is no FPS coming to Xbox360 that can counter Killzone2 in feb 2008 and since PRO FPS player (that have played to Fear/HL2 and are waiting for Crysis) are not console player, I think the average console gamer will still see Killzone as a beautifull game (>> Halo3)

Except to see Killzone 2 video in all the shop in Feb 2008.

Time to Work !

HappySqurriel said:
Diomedes1976 said:
It looks as good as anything out there .It looks intense and inmersive .It will have multiplayer .Great facial animation .Remarkably close to E32005 video .What do people want ??

I would argue that it was not "remarkably close to the E3 2005 video" but that is (in a large part) because there were a lot of graphical effects that were being done in the E3 2005 video which made it obvious that it was pre-rendered ...

I suspect that a lot of people are not really that impressed is that when you look at games like Half-Life 2 (2004), FEAR (2005), and Gears of War (2006) what we have seen from Killzone 2 does not make it stand out; certainly it heavily uses a lot of advanced graphical techniques but they're not new and they do not have the impact they once did. The artistic style and setting are generic and the graphical techniques have been used in countless other games so it doesn't have that much that is new or unique about it to really impress people.

I don't think your even remotely in touch with the average FPS player HappySqurriel. People are going crazy over this video on many of the sites it's being shown on, with page after page of comments giving it praise. And it's up against some stiff competition this year.

Killzone looks extremely impressive, visually it's a stunner. It's also home to a myriad of next-gen effects. It's pushing boundaries, on the PS3, and for the FPS genre.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
Diomedes1976 said:

Try to think about it in a different way. As a good looking exclusive game coming to a system that needs the support to grow is where Killzone is going to help. Sure, it changes if you compare it to every FPS game ever made, I feel the same about Halo compared to other games like Half-Life. Halo helped the Xbox and I think Killzone is going to help the PS3.  

I am an average FPS player...and while this does look very good, nothing separates it from a typical FPS so far...

I mean...at least Halo has a cartoony, colorful art style to separate it from other games, even if I dont like Halo.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Nintendo did Ok, Now its time to see....the psn is down...?

mM
BenKenobi88 said:
I am an average FPS player...and while this does look very good, nothing separates it from a typical FPS so far...

I mean...at least Halo has a cartoony, colorful art style to separate it from other games, even if I dont like Halo.

lol, cartoony and colorful where those innocent little grunts have some nasty vocabulary in store for you.

Meh, one could argue 'nitty and gritty again.....' as well as 'sci-fi aliens and lasors again.....' 

I'd say it's all in personal tastes. As for Killzone itself, we'll have to see when we can see more of the game and gameplay (a downloadable video of the level run through that they showed this morning would be a start). 

I wasn't saying that it wouldn't help, but the question was "What do people want?" which was refering to the negativity surrounding the game ... Certainly, countless popular games have sold millions of games and become the staple of their genre without ever doing anything new.