By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

its alright. but it just reminds me of gears of war in some strange way.

Around the Network
MrMarc said:
Kwaad said:

When was the last time you played a game in ruined cities in a futuristic shooter?

You're not being serious are you?

Hold on Kwaad, reading this whole thread, no one has really 'bashed' anything, so why are you getting jumpy, and slinging insults around where possible??

The game looks good, yes, and impressive, but I have yet to see anything that is going to make this stand out, ephasis on YET. So, at the moment it just looks good, and it does, but nothing about the game that looks amazing. Im not saying graphics don't matter, they do, well more art style, but you have to admit, great games need more than simply great graphics.

Im not saying Killzone won't have this, nor has anyone else, we just have yet to see it.

I have a Wii and 360, and this game has definately made me more interested in a PS3.

Darc Requiem said:
Just saw the video of Killzone 2, it looks much closer to the CGI footage than Motorstorm did. It definitely trumps Resistance and Halo 3 graphically. Does it surpass Gears of War? Doesn't seem so, when my brother downloads the PSN HD video I'll be able to make a better judgement. Some things about it look better from the video. I prefer is art style to the BALCO/Bonds look of the Gears of War characters. The textures do not seem near as sharp, but the video is low res so it could be making things appear worse than they are.

Pretty much agree with this.

Its the best looking thing I have seen for the PS3 to date - although I still prefer games like RE5 (more interesting).

This doesn't really affect / impact me though, for two reasons:

1/ Its ANOTHER shooter. Lost interest in these a long time ago.

2/ More games on the 360 still interest me than on PS3. So PS3 is still a distant 3rd (buying order) in my books - and I'm not even close to purchasing a 360. And when I do, its more for Mass Effect, RE5 and maybe a couple of others.

Actually, after watching the movie a few times:

a) The start of it (clouds, guys chatting) looks to be a "movie" (not FMV, using in-game engine). There are lots of tricks that can make this appear much prettier than it should be (streaming tri-lists, etc..) - especially when you have lots of space, ala BluRay.

b) The second part of the movie (in-game) does little to move me. IMO it looks like Gears of War - but with more characters and more going on - but less "interesting" (special?) stuff and a less interesting art direction.

Regardless - kudos to Sony & Guerrilla - for getting this as far as it is, and for generally proving the pundits wrong with the original FMV comparison.

This just puts MS under even more pressure, after their lack-lustre E3 presentation. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I think that Killzone looks really good, but I hope that there is a broad range of enviroments, not just war torn futuristic cities. I also hope that your are fighting alongside scores of other troops, in the trailer it looks as though there are only 10 soldiers fighting with you, I hope that there will be more in the final version. But of couse, it looks incredible

add me

shams said:
Darc Requiem said:
Just saw the video of Killzone 2, it looks much closer to the CGI footage than Motorstorm did. It definitely trumps Resistance and Halo 3 graphically. Does it surpass Gears of War? Doesn't seem so, when my brother downloads the PSN HD video I'll be able to make a better judgement. Some things about it look better from the video. I prefer is art style to the BALCO/Bonds look of the Gears of War characters. The textures do not seem near as sharp, but the video is low res so it could be making things appear worse than they are.

Pretty much agree with this.

Its the best looking thing I have seen for the PS3 to date - although I still prefer games like RE5 (more interesting).

This doesn't really affect / impact me though, for two reasons:

1/ Its ANOTHER shooter. Lost interest in these a long time ago.

2/ More games on the 360 still interest me than on PS3. So PS3 is still a distant 3rd (buying order) in my books - and I'm not even close to purchasing a 360. And when I do, its more for Mass Effect, RE5 and maybe a couple of others.

Actually, after watching the movie a few times:

a) The start of it (clouds, guys chatting) looks to be a "movie" (not FMV, using in-game engine). There are lots of tricks that can make this appear much prettier than it should be (streaming tri-lists, etc..) - especially when you have lots of space, ala BluRay.

b) The second part of the movie (in-game) does little to move me. IMO it looks like Gears of War - but with more characters and more going on - but less "interesting" (special?) stuff and a less interesting art direction.

Regardless - kudos to Sony & Guerrilla - for getting this as far as it is, and for generally proving the pundits wrong with the original FMV comparison.

This just puts MS under even more pressure, after their lack-lustre E3 presentation. 

I agree, that was one thing I would have liked in Gears, but then I suppose it would have ruined the whole theme if there were more than 4 in the squad. I would love a game where you fight in a very big battle, so I hope they can do this in Killzone, for the record I have never played any of the Call of Duties, but thats cos WW2 games don't interest me that much, I am looking to get COD4 tho due to the modern setting.

Around the Network

I have to agree that the game looks impressive, and I want to know whether that lightning is random or is somehow controlled by the enemy and whether the game has vehicles or not. For me it is very important that there are vehicles in the game because I simply love blowing stuff up with tanks and running people over. Either way 8 months is a long time from now and Sony needs to hurry up otherwise everyone will be too busy playing other games from the fall.

Proud owner of the following gaming devices:

PC, XBox 360, Wii, PS2, DS, PS3

Chemical said:
I have to agree that the game looks impressive, and I want to know whether that lightning is random or is somehow controlled by the enemy and whether the game has vehicles or not. For me it is very important that there are vehicles in the game because I simply love blowing stuff up with tanks and running people over. Either way 8 months is a long time from now and Sony needs to hurry up otherwise everyone will be too busy playing other games from the fall.

Yesterday it was announced (along with that low quality screen) that the enemies could control weather. This morning we found out what that ment. In the case of the trailer, it's something that can shoot lightning. 

Kwaad said:
Here come the nintendo boys. The sun hath' come up, so the Wii-bots are frothing. Killzone sucks now. They said so.

Is it just me, or has Kwaad said the most negative things about this game than anyone else in this thread? (albeit sarcastically)

The game looks good so far (although i didn't like the screens posted in the previous page of the close up on the two guys' faces as much as the others, however i'm not sure if that is new or old, the textures are well done though)

I can't wait to see what new features this game has to offer in terms of innovative FPS gaming, i'm sure Sony has more in the hat than this, quite obviously, stunning graphical gameplay

The trailer is all I could have hoped for.

The facial animation is excellent! probably the best I've ever seen. The physics and lighting look great, and those huge Helghast with the mini guns look insane. The whole video has the feel of a movie to it, and it looks like they're going to really try to make the game have an 'epic' feel to it. Which is great.

I was most impressed by the indoor shooting sequences near the end, the rag doll physics as the helghast got shot is perfect, and the blood effects are hands down the best I have ever seen in any game ever.

I'm really excited about the next trailer to come out, I'm hoping for more gameplay footage.

Just finished watching the trailer... it does looks good, but for some reasons I'm unimpressed...

The facial animation is really good though, but they have time to polish the game up