By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
albionus said:

Until more is revealed about the game all I can say is that though it fails my two key criterea at the moment, it does look promising just nothing to be getting too excited over yet. However, I know it's been a bleak 2 years for Sony fanboys so by all means don't let me sober up your celebration. Sony managed to do something right, good job.

Sony hasn't made anything of any worth in the last two years huh? Thanks for your objective opinion.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
albionus said:

Hard to see exactly how good the graphics are in the current videos. They aren't the HD one yet so can't say whether it's the end all be all of console graphics or simply a great 2nd year effort, which it better be being one of Sony's major 1st party games. However, the video did reveal a few small tidbits by which I do rate games.

First, a major gaming pet peeve of mine, however many polys and effects this game delivers, they are yet again confined to gray, black, brown, and a little red when blood is needed. This is supposed to be an alien planet from what I gather, why can't buildings be made out of pink granite, green limestone, gold marble, red and blue glass, or why can't the sky/clouds be freaky orange/red/yellow/white like Jupiter's or for the heck of it green. Admittedly it was only one level so they may have remembered there are more colors than just gray, black, and brown when doing later levels.

Second, gameplay from the video seems to be just another derivative FPS. Apparently there are some new ideas like having weather play a key role which would definitely be interesting. Again it is understandable that with the game still 8-14 months away (factoring in possible delays) they don't want to show all their cards on this matter.

Until more is revealed about the game all I can say is that though it fails my two key criterea at the moment, it does look promising just nothing to be getting too excited over yet. However, I know it's been a bleak 2 years for Sony fanboys so by all means don't let me sober up your celebration. Sony managed to do something right, good job.

So let me get this straight.

There hasnt been a single game from nintendo that meets that criteria in all history. Hot damn. You must only play like 1 game in all history. Becuase I seriously cant think of a single game off the top of my head that is worth buying that meets those... requirements.

Halo, Doom, Quake, HL, Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SC, WC, TC, SupCom, Viva Pinyata, Dead Rising, Bio Shock, and wait. Every other game worthy of mention in the last 15 years. Dont meet those. Hell, Even Okami dont.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

KILLZONE 2 CONFIRMED FOR 2008

http://www.psu.com/node/12016

Meh ... doesn't look dramatically better than what we have been seeing on the PC, PS3 and XBox 360 to date.

@illegal paladin
Neon colors would be cool also. I don't care, just anything other than derelict factory colors for the 1000th time.

@ckmlb
First, you weren't supposed to let my sober assessment stop you celebration. Second, as a semantic point, opinions by nature are not objective. Third, exactly where did I say "Sony hasn't made anything of any worth in the last two years". What I said is that it's been a bleak 2 years for Sony fanboys. That's a relative statement of course and is more focused on the overall console race than particular games. There were plenty of great Gamecube games but that didn't stop it from being a bleak period for Nintendo fanboys.

@kwaad
Not sure what your point is. Plenty of games have been both colorful and fresh. So yes plenty of games fulfilled both requirements and are on my game shelf.

Around the Network

Here come the nintendo boys. The sun hath' come up, so the Wii-bots are frothing. Killzone sucks now. They said so.

HD version is up on gametrailers,

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21504.html

albionus said:
@kwaad
Not sure what your point is. Plenty of games have been both colorful and fresh. So yes plenty of games fulfilled both requirements and are on my game shelf.

colorful and fresh? The color on the helgast eyes change color depending on their 'alert' status. They go from a yellow to a red. Everything has a washed out red hue to it, due to the atmospheric conditions due to the war production, and wars. Hate to break it to you, but Killzone2 is fresh. When was the last time you played a game in ruined cities in a futuristic shooter? Let me think. Killzone1? That's been about 4 or 5 years. I'd say that re-visiting something that hasnt been done in 4-5 years is fresh. Wouldnt you?

Sounds like it meets your criteria more than you like. :P 

I like the fact that you criticize this attitude Kwaad when you are doing the exact same thing for Nintendo in a much worse way. Will ever everyone shut the fuck up about the other's console of choice?

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3160994

"What we like: The presentation and attention to detail are key. The game doesn't look as good as the 2005 trailer, naturally, but it looks close to as good as any other console shooter. We'd say that currently Gears of War tops it, and a few other titles are on the same visual level, but the game looks extremely nice.

What we dislike: There doesn't seem to be much big picture stuff in here we haven't seen yet in other games. This likely has more to do with Sony being very secretive about the features at the moment than a lack of innovation in the game, given its importance to Sony and the company's hints at online features, but at this point it's hard to pick out one or two big things that will help separate the gameplay from what we've seen in other war shooters. "

Personally I like the it when the bullets hit metal and they glow red. It seams as if the game has good physics, which for me is the most important thing. The people in the hovercraft did seam a bit blocky for such a high profile game. (Obviously not comparing it with the Wii so don't attack me)