By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Just saw the video of Killzone 2, it looks much closer to the CGI footage than Motorstorm did. It definitely trumps Resistance and Halo 3 graphically. Does it surpass Gears of War? Doesn't seem so, when my brother downloads the PSN HD video I'll be able to make a better judgement. Some things about it look better from the video. I prefer is art style to the BALCO/Bonds look of the Gears of War characters. The textures do not seem near as sharp, but the video is low res so it could be making things appear worse than they are.

Around the Network

Not as long as Nintendogs continue to cry every time someone at Sony gets to even begin to reach around to pat themselves on the back.

Kwaad said:

When was the last time you played a game in ruined cities in a futuristic shooter?

You're not being serious are you?

gamingdevil said:
I like the fact that you criticize this attitude Kwaad when you are doing the exact same thing for Nintendo in a much worse way. Will ever everyone shut the fuck up about the other's console of choice?

Graphics matter to me(Killzone2). I like good looking games. I also enjoy games with great art direction. (okami)

I enjoy great games.(Super Stardust HD)

The Wii is lacking off of the above if you ask me.

Graphics. It dont have the power.

Art. It could, but for some reason it dont.

Great games? It could, but it is getting all the crappy low budget crap PS2 games that sucked... it's getting. The new mario might be good, but I dont feel it's mario. The story has left it's roots too far behind, and that is worse than haveing a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE CRAP story in my book. Mario is a plumber. Not an astranut. The fact they are makeing him one, means this is not a 'main' story mario. Because it is not a main story mario, I take it with a grain of salt, and dont give a damn.

That, and super smash Brawl.  (which I will be buying)

I respect great games for what they are. Just dont F* up my story. Mario is a plumber. (carpenter in the arcade) but that is a very similar job, and can easily be confused, or crossed)

A good example of destroying a story.

WarCraft - Orcs were a savage race who loved nothing but war and destruction.
WarCraft2 - Orcs were a savage race who loved nothing but war and destruction.
WarCraft2: Beyond the dark portal (or something like that) - Orcs were a savage race who loved nothing but war and destruction.
WarCraft3 - Orcs are a noble race.

WAIT A DAMN SECOND, What just happend there?!

That is the main reason I hate WarCraft3. That and the fact Night Elves. (Who were never mentioned in the previous 2 installments) was a main race. Troll, or High Elves. (blood elves if you so wish to call them that)

Also, when following tradition gameplay style, it should remain similar. Example. WarCraft1 games took 45minutes to 6 hours. WarCraft2 games took 30 minutes to 4 hours. WarCraft3 games took 4-12 minutes.

WarCraft3 is as much WarCraft as Mario is. Mario Galaxy falls in the same shoes as WarCraft3 in my book. I have a hatered for changeing story, plot, design, general concept, and stuff like that. If it's not gonna be mario, name it something else.

Just because Mario sells well. Does not mean that every game you make should be 'Mario Tennis' 'Mario Bowling' ' Mario RPG' 'Mario RTS' 'Mario Dungeon' 'Mario Suprise' 'Mario Party' 'Mario Rescue' 'Mario Dance' 'Mario flight sim' 'Mario the astranut'

Look, why not make a diffrent game... for each game!? Oh wait, they are. They are just called mario to get the fans of mario to buy them. It's a sales pitch, a gimmick, and it kinda annoys me when it's done. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

MrMarc said:
Kwaad said:

When was the last time you played a game in ruined cities in a futuristic shooter?

Actually I am. Name me some please. I'm not talking StarWars style cities either. But I guess you can count them too, becuase the x-box games arent ruins. :D

A better way to have worded it would be, Mad Max like cities. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network
Kwaad said:
albionus said:
@kwaad
Not sure what your point is. Plenty of games have been both colorful and fresh. So yes plenty of games fulfilled both requirements and are on my game shelf.

colorful and fresh? The color on the helgast eyes change color depending on their 'alert' status. They go from a yellow to a red. Everything has a washed out red hue to it, due to the atmospheric conditions due to the war production, and wars. Hate to break it to you, but Killzone2 is fresh. When was the last time you played a game in ruined cities in a futuristic shooter? Let me think. Killzone1? That's been about 4 or 5 years. I'd say that re-visiting something that hasnt been done in 4-5 years is fresh. Wouldnt you?

Sounds like it meets your criteria more than you like. :P 

You are if nothing else humorous.  You're saying it is colorful because the enemies' eyes change color.  That's like a B&W TV with a small section of the screen in color.  Not quite what I'm talking about (which I thought was pretty clear was the environment).  A futuristic shooter in a ruined city has never been done before?  I had to reread what you said to make sure you actually said that, and it appears on review that you did.  You've never heard of Halo 2? It's set in the future, several levels are in a ruined city. UT2004 has several single player missions set in ruined futuristic cities.  Unreal 2 had ruined futuristic cities as did many of the Quake games, Duke Nukem 3D (I think it was in the future, may not have been).  Those are the ones I've played though I'm pretty sure that countless other PC FPS games from the "Halo wannabe" years also had such settings.

Kwaad said:
MrMarc said:
Kwaad said:

Actually I am. Name me some please. I'm not talking StarWars style cities either. But I guess you can count them too, becuase the x-box games arent ruins. :D

A better way to have worded it would be, Mad Max like cities. 

Wow, you were serious.  I thought I was just humoring you.  I'm not an FPS fan at all and I was able to list about 6 other games that fit the bill.  Do I need to also list FPS' set in French villages and fields oh say around 1944?

Kwaad said:

So what, games like Half Life 2, BF2142, STALKER (You don't get more ruined than a nuclear fallout!), Gears of War, Quake 4, Infernal, Deus Ex (and it's sequels) don't matter? I could go on with that too but don't get fixated on the idea that Killzone 2 plays in a 'unique' setting as far as game environments go...

My impression,

- I lopve the acopalyptic environnement
- I love the Hellgast design
- blood effects seem very good
- It is not as goodas 2005 E3 trailer
- I m not able to compare it to Gear of War
- hope they will improve their game (8 month before release ...)

Finally, the game seems very very immersive.
a good point.

Time to Work !

Kwaad said:
gamingdevil said:
I like the fact that you criticize this attitude Kwaad when you are doing the exact same thing for Nintendo in a much worse way. Will ever everyone shut the fuck up about the other's console of choice?

Graphics matter to me(Killzone2).

WarCraft3 is as much WarCraft as Mario is. Mario Galaxy falls in the same shoes as WarCraft3 in my book. I have a hatered for changeing story, plot, design, general concept, and stuff like that.

First off, graphics matter to me too, some people here say they play NES games even now, me? I can't even play PS1 games. I see the graphics and immediately stop playing. I can't stand bad graphics. The difference between Wii fans and PS3 fans is that for Wii fans Wii's graphics are good enough for them.

Second, Sony fans use the Mario example every fucking time.  You don't like Mario Galaxy because story changed but at the same time you complain about Mario because "every time you have to save the fucking princess from Bowser" Make up your mind PLEASE and then come and talk.