By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 Event

Looked great.

Very realistic gritty harsh enviroment, very war like.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
I am an average FPS player...and while this does look very good, nothing separates it from a typical FPS so far...

I mean...at least Halo has a cartoony, colorful art style to separate it from other games, even if I dont like Halo.

The first Killzone recieved huge praise for it's art-style and mood. (Thats one of the only areas infact that their was a general consensus it had stood out in). I doubt you'll see anything lacking from its sequel. There is probably not a more gritty looking FPS out there.

It really is a matter of taste.

Killzone doesnt need to be hugely different from any other FPS for it to stand out. What it needs to do is excel where so many other FPS have failed, while retaining all the components of a strong FPS. If it can do this, it can be an amazing game. 

It's got the graphics and animation down for sure, by the looks of the trailer.

CGI Killzone (2005) Vs Real-time Killzone(2007)- In pictures:

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=84321

It was always going to be hard for Guerilla to get the realtime in game graphics to be close to the CGI trailer from 2 years ago. But IMHO in some respects, they have done better.  I prefer the grittier feel to the game and the disaster zone feel of the game is better portrayed in the new trailer than the 2 year old one.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Soulreaver said:
CGI Killzone (2005) Vs Real-time Killzone(2007)- In pictures:

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=84321
Yeah I saw those. it's really damn close in most aspects. Very impressive.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

The first killzone was really too much for the PS2, they came from a game started for PC to the PS2 and couldn't make it work well.

Frame rate issues and such are the biggest problems with the first one. Everything the journalists have said is that all those issues are finished in the 2nd one.

Regardless, the first one was considered one of the best looking PS2 games and it was praised for a solid story (for an FPS) and good design for sure.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

yes but I hope the game will not be to repeatitive and will add some vehicule and some special weapon (tank/pan/flamethrower etc ...)

Time to Work !

hum, I just have seen the comparaison and sincerely the 2005 trailer was better. It was more realistic with less "sharpy" character. In the new trailer u clearly see it is ingame, in the 2007 trailer it was not.
The sergent face (the black guy that lead the air ship team) is just bullshit (I really dont like).
the 2007 trailer is more darky too and the global battle field is less open.

And even more, the artistic style was better in the first trailer : flamethrower under the bridge, rocket launcher with amazing smoke, more guys on the screen (human + hellgate), airship attack at then end.
Finally the "team work" seems a little less important than during the 2005 trailer.

At least, they succeed the amazing move to IMPROVE the hype even with more bad graphism that in 2005.
That was not the case of Motorstorm ...

Time to Work !