By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who thinks X360>Wii on 9/11 in Japan?

Smeags said:
It would be one heck of a week to see 360 ahead of both the PS3 and Wii in Japan. I can't say I wouldn't have a good laugh if that was the case.

Time will tell, but I doubt it.

If It does happen, good for 360.

Well done 360, what a plesant surprise.

Keep up the bold (and well informed) predicitons Mr. Stickball

Around the Network

I'm glad I said it was indeed possible. Otherwise I'd be eating some serious crow right now.

We hould implement a top then chart on the frontpage with every week top ten croweaters. Well done and well deserved for Xbox.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

I'm definitely saving a lot of post from the first page from Sony tools so next time to say something idiotic I can remind them why they are idiots :p

What are you looking at, nerd?
gebx said:
Millennium said:
Congratulations to the topic poster on his incredible luck. See you in two weeks after the sales crash and burn.

Calling heads or tails when flipping a coin and getting right is luck. Analyzing and predicting when for the first time this generation the 360 will beat out the Wii is skill.

But his analysis wasn't correct. Among other things, the Wii rebounded from its supposed "massive year-over-year drop" to sell almost 28,000 units this week: about the same as it sold last year. Stick's prediction depended on this drop continuing, and it didn't. The 360 outsold the Wii anyway, but not the way he predicted that it would. Ergo, luck.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

It's official... mrstickball is 'The People's Hero'

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Millennium said:
gebx said:
Millennium said:
Congratulations to the topic poster on his incredible luck. See you in two weeks after the sales crash and burn.

Calling heads or tails when flipping a coin and getting right is luck. Analyzing and predicting when for the first time this generation the 360 will beat out the Wii is skill.

But his analysis wasn't correct. Among other things, the Wii rebounded from its supposed "massive year-over-year drop" to sell almost 28,000 units this week: about the same as it sold last year. Stick's prediction depended on this drop continuing, and it didn't. The 360 outsold the Wii anyway, but not the way he predicted that it would. Ergo, luck.

Luck would be saying that the 360 will outsell the Wii and not supply any analysis for why it would do so.  He predicted that the Wii would trend downward.  It didn't.  But, he also predicted that the 360 would have a higher sales for a number of reasons.  It did.  He wasn't spot on, but how many good predictions are?

Hmm, the 360 swept the table in Japan but wtf is with the weak Eu/Others numbers? The pricecut almost seemed to have a reverse effect?

Mrstickball is my hero!!!!

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I believed in him the whole time!