By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who thinks X360>Wii on 9/11 in Japan?

It will because i said so...

Around the Network

LOL at some quotes on the first page, will those people come in and dine on the fat crow dinners

"normally, i don't post on m$ and nin threads but i had to with that topic...
was the title a joke or something ?"

I was wondering if mrstickball could give me his thoughts on the Hadron Collider when they start the two way experiments.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
mrstickball said:

Before I get banned, I'm not saying it absolutely will, but I think there is a good chance of it happening next week in Japan.

There are a few reasons, and things to consider for this prediction/commentary on Japanese sales:

Factors against the Wii:

• Down 20% YTD from last year (2.4m to 2.0m consoles)
  • Lack of hardware-moving software
  • Typical "dry period" for the Wii, and major hardware in Japan, from late August to October

Factors for the Xbox 360:

• Major IP releasing (Tri-Ace/Square's Infinite Undiscovery), as well as minor ones (Viva Pinata 2, Raiden IV)
  • Pent-Up demand for sales, Post-ToV
  • Major Price Drop (30%)

Because of these factors, I think it's very possible for it to be a one-off (if not the only time it'll ever) to pass the Wii for one week. Last year, the Wii was selling around 26,000-28,000 each week at this point. Factoring in the 20% YTD decrease in Wii sales in Japan, it could be selling between 20,000-22,000 units/wk by the time IU launches.

So, does anyone want to get on board with me to say that there's a good chance that the X360 will pass the Wii for 1 week, or am I the only crazy one to think it could happen? Last year, no one thought the X360 would pass the PS3 the week of Ace Combat 6, but it did (albeit slightly).

I think the X360 could sell as low as 13,000-14,000 on the week, but I also think that due to the utter lack of X360 consoles in Japan recently, that the X360 could also explode given the "perfect storm" - good software, cheap price, and lack of competition. No, I'm not saying there'll be a magic ressurrection of the X360 in Japan to where it does something absolutely insane, but I think it has the potential to keep the race for #2 at least interesting.

My apologies for doubting....

* Applauds

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

It's hard not to be a little bit impressed by this thread.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 
Around the Network

LOL.

Trestres and Fernando got pwned.

The original post was one of the best posts i ever seen in this forum, very well made and with interesting info to prove his point

I had my doubts it could happen but the possibility was there as stated in the original post

Of course not much will change in japan but at least it will give a little more visibility to 360 in japan, and will probably raise awareness to the console and give it a little boost on a weekly basis something like from 3 to 5 k a week to 5k to 8 k a week not much but enough to shake sonys confidence and thats exactly what microsoft is trying to do with this jrpg,s deals they are making in japan in my opinion

Again congratulations on a really good post mrstickball

Very good call.

The main driver I believe was the pent up demand. If you average last week / this week sales I would hazard that without the pent up demand the 360 would never have been able to achieve this - i.e. last week should have seen around 10,000 to 12,000 units with perhaps 14,000 to 16,000 units this week.

Still, that's easy to call afterwords - well done for the first real nice prediction I think I've seen here.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Very impressive. :)

In honor of stickball's impressive prediction and the number of ppl who thought he was batshit crazy, I shall revive the crow eating thread tonight for those who most assuredly need it.