By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit vs. Call of Duty: World at War (Wii)

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Griffin said:
I just want to make one thing clear, CoD5 has zero resemblance or play style similar to CoD4, CoD5 looks better then CoD4 on the 360/PS3 but the gameplay is broken, go watch the video's. So if Treyarch can't even get the gameplay to work on the other two systems what makes you think they will even have a chance of making it work on the wii. So if you are looking for a CoD4 playing on the wii then Cod5 is not it.

The conduit has not impressed me so far, i have also watched the more recent videos too. Maybe the game will come together before it comes out. But as of right now both games will bomb very hard on the market.

1. Because Wiimote with the IR is closer to PC controls then a normal controller, they have a better chance of making a better game then the PS3 and 360 versions.

2. You either A must not be a big PC FPS fan, B not a big fan of Half-Life, or C too much of a Sony fan to notice when somethings good on another console haha

1) There is more to gameplay then being able to fast aim at long distances.  The running and shooting is whats broken, of course there could be more.

2) A) I love the BF series on the PC, beyond a couple of demo's for other shooters i have not really played FPS games on a PC.  B) I'm not a big fan of the Half-Life series, but i have played all their games, parts of it are really good, but other parts are just not needed and make the game a pain to play.  C) My favorite FPS of all time is Halo, and i hate Socom, so being a Sony fan means nothing in the shooter game.

The conduit just seems to be missing something, watching the videos it just seems like a lightgun shooter and nothing more.  EDIT: I don't mean anything bad by this comment.  I just don't feel the game, the same way you may not like Killzone2, and say its generic military shooter #452.

Around the Network

The one type of FPS you can currently find on the Wii is WW2 FPSs - a lot including Brothers in Arms coming shortly before CoD5. None, not even MoH:H2 have sold well.

I think CoD5 will easily be the best selling WW2 FPS on Wii but that's not actually saying much.

Conduit on the other hand has absolutely no direct competition. Despite being a rather generic FPS it's not a WW2 FPS which means it'll appeal to a lot of FPS-staved Wii owners that no one else is touching. Will it be huge? Hell no. Will it be successful? Yes. Bigger than CoD5? Maybe, depends on marketing, word of mouth and reviews.

Griffin said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Griffin said:
I just want to make one thing clear, CoD5 has zero resemblance or play style similar to CoD4, CoD5 looks better then CoD4 on the 360/PS3 but the gameplay is broken, go watch the video's. So if Treyarch can't even get the gameplay to work on the other two systems what makes you think they will even have a chance of making it work on the wii. So if you are looking for a CoD4 playing on the wii then Cod5 is not it.

The conduit has not impressed me so far, i have also watched the more recent videos too. Maybe the game will come together before it comes out. But as of right now both games will bomb very hard on the market.

1. Because Wiimote with the IR is closer to PC controls then a normal controller, they have a better chance of making a better game then the PS3 and 360 versions.

2. You either A must not be a big PC FPS fan, B not a big fan of Half-Life, or C too much of a Sony fan to notice when somethings good on another console haha

1) There is more to gameplay then being able to fast aim at long distances.  The running and shooting is whats broken, of course there could be more.

2) A) I love the BF series on the PC, beyond a couple of demo's for other shooters i have not really played FPS games on a PC.  B) I'm not a big fan of the Half-Life series, but i have played all their games, parts of it are really good, but other parts are just not needed and make the game a pain to play.  C) My favorite FPS of all time is Halo, and i hate Socom, so being a Sony fan means nothing in the shooter game.

The conduit just seems to be missing something, watching the videos it just seems like a lightgun shooter and nothing more.  EDIT: I don't mean anything bad by this comment.  I just don't feel the game, the same way you may not like Killzone2, and say its generic military shooter #452.

(sorry double post)

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Griffin said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Griffin said:

PC PFS's aren't about just fast aim at long distances, there's more ease in the controls, aiming is more accurate, and overall it makes FPS games more fast paced and has a bit more skill to it.

@ 2) Heh I was thinking more about liking Killzone, which was a sub par shooter the first time around and you've been harping on loving KZ2 even when it looked horrible (granted it graphically looks good now and may turn out better then something like Halo 3), it makes me question your judgement in videogames in general.

And obviously you've not even seen the Conduit if you think it looks like a lightgun shooter, even the first videos that looked horrible didn't look like a lightgun shooter.  So I found some videos from IGN maybe they'll work but they show how they take advantage of the Wii hardware and plus should have just as good of controls as a PC FPS.

Shows that this is no lightgun game, from just about every preview they say the controls are better then any other console FPS, and from the options you get in the videos menu I can believe it.

A unique weapon to show that the people at HVS have some good ideas and could turn out to be fun to use in online matches vs other people.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I myself will be buying COD before I even think of purchasing The Conduit.

COD +1

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

Around the Network
stof said:
Another World War 2 game vs. Not another World War 2 game.

For me at least, Conduit takes it.

my thoughts exactly.  not that space aliens isn't overplayed itself but holy crap am i not interested in WWII.

I expect that COD will sell better, I am assuming that it will be advertised though so I might be mistaken.

I plan on getting both.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

Well they dont push wii to the extreme(conduit pushes it a bit more)its early for a game to push wii to the extreme.
And it depends on what you mean by who will be victorious,if your talking about sales then i think it will be The Conduit(since Call of Duty 5 will be multi-platform),if your talking about quality then i can't answer this question yet,i wanna see some more info about both of them.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Call of Duty isn't pushing the Wii to its limits, they've already said they're not using Hardware Shaders and other premium development tools on the Wii version of Call of Duty.

The Conduit on the otherhand will be utilizing every trick the Wii offers.

Conduit on my books

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989