By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit vs. Call of Duty: World at War (Wii)

The Conduit

Around the Network

The Conduit's control scheme appears to be more customizable and thus, better. Better controls will almost definitely make it the better game.
Saleswise, it could go either way. If the Conduit can garner rave reviews it stands a strong chance, but hopefully both will be great, both will sell great, and everybody wins.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

No one's done comparison pics yet?

Really?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Really?

i dont think its fair comparison, maybe Cod5's screen is early build but its the only one i could find

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Yeah, at this point Conduit is looking sharper. Also I'm quite worried about CoD5 since it's coming out in mere days and no one has a review. Not even a mag. Not a positive sign but likely it'll still be the best FPS on Wii. At least until Conduit comes.

Around the Network
Cougarman said:

Really?

i dont think its fair comparison, maybe Cod5's screen is early build but its the only one i could find

That is just a bad screen. The game looks WAY better in motion if you watch the videos on IGN. Also here are some better screens.

It seems to me that CoD:WaW and the Conduit are the total opposite of eachother. The conduit's character models look better, but CoD:WaW's environments look better. The conduit relies more on different lighting methods, and shader effects that deal with that, while CoD:WaW relies more on rain and fog effects. Both need a good amount of AA though. So what one has the other needs. If a game took the graphical effects of both games and put them into one, it would seem very impressive. CoD:WaW is releasing soon, though these screens are old, so I don't know how much they put into it from the release of these screens. The conduit has a better chance of adding all of the things its lacking on the graphical front. Both games look great on wii though. I would say the conduit is pushing the Wii more because it is using alot of things that the Wii doesn't really excel in graphically, while CoD:WaW uses things it does excel in graphically. So CoD:WaW is probably much easier to pull of on the Wii than the Conduit.

Quantum of Solace Wii first stage is a glimpse of what COD 4 engine on the Wii can do, just think about it this is a licensed game and yet the graphics was awesome on that stage what more with full developed game? So in graphics department theyre even, as for the sales Call of Duty hands down, this is Call of Duty we're talking about here not a new frnachise. Im sure COD have great legs

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Why compare screens... should compare videos haha... screens never do a game justice.

Anyways I'll be buying both so really doesn't matter to me. Personally right now i think graphics on both are about the same but of course we are seeing the finished product, more than likely, of COD5 while The Conduit is still another 6 months out.

As for sales The Conduit should be able to sell more than COD5. My predictions would be about 1.5 million for COD5 on Wii and about 3.5 million for The Conduit.

Zucas said:
Why compare screens... should compare videos haha... screens never do a game justice.

Anyways I'll be buying both so really doesn't matter to me. Personally right now i think graphics on both are about the same but of course we are seeing the finished product, more than likely, of COD5 while The Conduit is still another 6 months out.

As for sales The Conduit should be able to sell more than COD5. My predictions would be about 1.5 million for COD5 on Wii and about 3.5 million for The Conduit.

Outside of the internet no one knew about The Conduit while COD was a established franchise so I dont think the Conduit will sell more than COD WE WISH it is...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:
Zucas said:

Outside of the internet no one knew about The Conduit while COD was a established franchise so I dont think the Conduit will sell more than COD WE WISH it is...

This doesn't mean new properties cna't sale... especially shooters.  I mean Gears of War was a new property going up against Call of Duty 3 and it pretty much owned it in sales.  Now I know you think well that's gears of War but that's exactly the situation with The Conduit this time around.  It essentially may be Wii's Gears of War. 

Now of course the shooter crowd isn't as prevalent on Wii as 360 but we need to understand the idea of a "starving" userbase.  If you look back at the GC some games sold better that was unexpected.  RE4 and ToS are great examples considering that kind of game was "starved" on the console.  In the same respects, The Conduit is this in more aspects than those 2.  It comes out with marketing that goes with the resentments of a majority of owners, brings a genre that is well hyped on the Wii but vastly unrepresented, and gives a "halo/ GeoW" like feel in many respects.  Basically all thsi title needs is marketing to get off in the American market.  Might take a little more in the European market, but this is a pretty easy title to find success in America.  All it needs is persistent hyping(which has been well done by media sites and even Ninty) and then a good solid publisher to market it like a AAA game and I think Sega will do this.

So while being a new property it has everything to make it seem like it isn't... just like GeoW had.  COD5 on the other hand is probably going to be largely bought on the 360 and PS3 counterparts but still sell well on the Wii for being a mainstream property.  Which is why I think it'll still go platinum.  But it in no way has the same hype going behind it like The Conduit does.