By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit vs. Call of Duty: World at War (Wii)

forgot to say, I,ll buy the conduit and maybe rent COD, i might buy it,

Around the Network

Graphics: COD far exceeds Conduit - Environments have better design, better looking texture mapping, better/more consistent lighting. Conduit looks like a poor man's MP3. Good but no where near MP3.

Sales: Could go either way. Those that tend to buy FPS shooters are more traditional gamers. Judging by the sales of games like MOH:H2 neither of these games will come close to Halo3, COD4 or any of the billions of FPS games on 360 and PS3. Its too bad too cause I love MOH:H2. The Wiimote is the next best controller after the Mouse in my opinion.

I will definitely buy COD WOW because of the features it has (vehicles???) and probably but Conduit because it is kinda MP3esque.

I think both the quality and the sales of the 2 games will be quite close. I do give The Conduit the tiny advantage in both quality and sales though.

COD:WaW will win. It will sell a lot more than Conduit.

Both of these games have potential to sell a million and be very good but im going with the conduit since there is more info on it.

Around the Network

we haven't seen much - beyond ~10 seconds of movies of the wii version of COD- with not much screen play.

we have seen ~30 minutes or so of different parts of The Conduit- almost all of which is gameplay.

huh? @OP No pics =/

I really wanted some pict... nevermind.

So farall we've seen of the Conduit look like alpha or early beta stages, yet the game still at least graphically is superior to around 70% of the Wii software already, and fits in with the lower end of some of the more graphically pronounced titles on the Wii and even the Game Cube (Twilight Princess)

By the way I am now under the belief that Twilight Princess looks better than RE4.

I'd be quite fine if the game ran at the same graphical powers as Twilight Princess if they mastered the art direction.

As for which one would sell better; I'm not sure if I can or if there is enough information around for both of them to assess that.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I just want to make one thing clear, CoD5 has zero resemblance or play style similar to CoD4, CoD5 looks better then CoD4 on the 360/PS3 but the gameplay is broken, go watch the video's. So if Treyarch can't even get the gameplay to work on the other two systems what makes you think they will even have a chance of making it work on the wii. So if you are looking for a CoD4 playing on the wii then Cod5 is not it.

The conduit has not impressed me so far, i have also watched the more recent videos too. Maybe the game will come together before it comes out. But as of right now both games will bomb very hard on the market.

Griffin said:
I just want to make one thing clear, CoD5 has zero resemblance or play style similar to CoD4, CoD5 looks better then CoD4 on the 360/PS3 but the gameplay is broken, go watch the video's. So if Treyarch can't even get the gameplay to work on the other two systems what makes you think they will even have a chance of making it work on the wii. So if you are looking for a CoD4 playing on the wii then Cod5 is not it.

The conduit has not impressed me so far, i have also watched the more recent videos too. Maybe the game will come together before it comes out. But as of right now both games will bomb very hard on the market.

1. Because Wiimote with the IR is closer to PC controls then a normal controller, they have a better chance of making a better game then the PS3 and 360 versions.

2. You either A must not be a big PC FPS fan, B not a big fan of Half-Life, or C too much of a Sony fan to notice when somethings good on another console haha

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

One of the more interesting things from Call of Duty: World at War is not (nessarily) how hard they're pushing the hardware but how clever they're being ... I was reading an interview from the Call of Duty developers where they taked about how they were simulating effects that were only possible on the HD consoles and I was reminded of various forms of "Fake Bump Mapping"

Back in the day, many consoles (like the Dreamcast and PS2) as well as older graphics cards (Geforce 2) were not powerful enough to perform "Real" bump mapping, but they all ended up being able to play games that had surfaces that looked bumpy. One of the ways this was done was developers produced two textures for bumpy surfaces (one with a standard color texture, and one with shadows for when the surface was brightly lit) and blended these textures depending on how much light was on the surface. The shadows on the surface were (typically) wrong for where the light was in the environment, but you never noticed when you were playing the game.

Now I mention this not because the technique has any value on the Wii (it doesn't, the Wii easily handles bump mapping) but because I expect this type of approach to become more and more common as developers start pushing against the limits of the Wii's hardware.