By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Call of Duty: World at War - more Wii details

A standard deathmatch in COD:4 has 12 players so 8 isnt that small, I'd expect 12-16 people max in the Wii version which would be perfect for a game like CoD.

How many people does the 360/PS3 versions allow for?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

I think I may actually get the Wii version over the Xbox 360 version. All depends on the controls. I'll have to rent it first to test it out.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Kyros said:
It is kind of weird that most developers do not know about the existance of the TEV

LOL I am pretty sure that they know about the TEV. but although this may allow for some of the effects that are normally provided by shaders its not the same.

a)Its apparently pretty limited so you have to do quite a few pre-computations on CPU,
b) its most likely not even close as powerful and
c) its a completely different programming model to what everyone else is using and has therefore similar problems as the CELL processor of the PS3. Devs don't use it if they can get away without using it.

Kyros said:
developers may know it exists, but they don't know what its capabilities are.

I am pretty sure they know better what the capabilities are than you and me . They also know how much work it is to do something.

The only thing you got correct is C.   The programming environment is very different that Direct X shader operations but are just as capable and powerful all the same.  Look what Factor 5 achieved on GC 7 years ago for $3.5 million on a very short development schedule.....just 9 months of development time.

"One of the strengths of Gamecube's hardware is multi-texturing." - Factor 5.

Now isn't that just a slap in the face of every developer not using the strength of the hardware?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

but are just as capable and powerful all the same

Pretty weird statement. Of course the shader pipelines of PS3 and 360 are far more powerful than what the Wii has. I mean Galaxy and Smash look better than other Wii games but the lighting still cannot compete with the big games of the competition.

Multi-texturing is a very different thing from advanced lighting effects for which shaders are used.

If you think I am not correct a technical overview of TEV would be nice.

If this game is even close to the same graphically as the ps360 versions I will cry out of happiness.

I'm not a fanboy, I just don't enjoy dual analog control.  It's d-pad or wii-mote for me.

the conduit has changed the way wii play games.

I know.  I'm sick of the puns too.

Around the Network

Looks like they're putting more effort than ever did. for a developer like them (who were stupid enough to take out the basic multiplayer in COD3)

Kyros said:
but are just as capable and powerful all the same

Pretty weird statement. Of course the shader pipelines of PS3 and 360 are far more powerful than what the Wii has. I mean Galaxy and Smash look better than other Wii games but the lighting still cannot compete with the big games of the competition.

Multi-texturing is a very different thing from advanced lighting effects for which shaders are used.

If you think I am not correct a technical overview of TEV would be nice.

From what developers like High Voltage have stated, the Wii can pull off just about every effect the HD systems can do. It's just the scale will be smaller, due to the smaller memory.

That seems to be what the Wii really is. Not an advanced 6th gen system, but a smaller scale 7th gen system.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I will definalty get this game

Nice online.

Can someone give me an example where Super Mario Galaxy used shaders!?

Exact levels, and objects would be nice. I don't think I really understand what shaders do/how they look.