By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Call of Duty: World at War - more Wii details

Look up bump mapping, normal mapping, fur shading, HDR lighting, specular highlighting, etc...

Wikipedia will have definitions and examples for each. Once you've familiarized yourself you'll start to see them in the game.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

I figure this TEV unit is in the "dev kits" Nintendo gives out right? It should be a highlighted feature, if "shading" is that important.

As for the game, I just want them to try. Graphics better than Medal Of Honor Heroes 2 and good gameplay.

I'll reserve judgment until the reviews come.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

KylieDog said:
brute said:

- Online multiplayer is the same as PS3/360. Same maps, modes, vehicles.
- no online co-op reconfirmed

This contradicts itself.

Why?

I dont recall the PS3/360 versions having online co-op.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

wii does have shaders

KylieDog said:
brute said:
KylieDog said:
brute said:

- Online multiplayer is the same as PS3/360. Same maps, modes, vehicles.
- no online co-op reconfirmed

This contradicts itself.

Why?

I dont recall the PS3/360 versions having online co-op.

They do, they have 2 player local co-op, or online 'competitive' co-op with two teams of two.

COD4 on the 360 does not have co-op play.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
I figure this TEV unit is in the "dev kits" Nintendo gives out right? It should be a highlighted feature, if "shading" is that important.

As for the game, I just want them to try. Graphics better than Medal Of Honor Heroes 2 and good gameplay.

It costs more money to develop a Wii game using the TEV because the art and programming isn't cheap.  Cheaper than an HD version of the same artowrk or shader but still more expensive than the low budget stuff we've seen so far.

To go with that, the publisher pays the bills and decides what gets in the game and what doesn't and so far virutally no 3rd party publisher wants to pay the extra money for better shaders when they can go the cheapr route and still get high sales.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
SaviorX said:

It costs more money to develop a Wii game using the TEV because the art and programming isn't cheap.  Cheaper than an HD version of the same artowrk or shader but still more expensive than the low budget stuff we've seen so far.

To go with that, the publisher pays the bills and decides what gets in the game and what doesn't and so far virutally no 3rd party publisher wants to pay the extra money for better shaders when they can go the cheapr route and still get high sales.

It figures as much, well if Activision isn't going to take the Wii seriusly then they're going to pay eventually.

Viper1 said:
Look up bump mapping, normal mapping, fur shading, HDR lighting, specular highlighting, etc...

Wikipedia will have definitions and examples for each. Once you've familiarized yourself you'll start to see them in the game.

I know what all of those are... just never knew they were grouped together under the term shader.  :/

Thanks Viper.