By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Call of Duty: World at War - more Wii details

If they can achieve similar effects without using the tev, why are all you guys bitching about it? I mean, is it going to ruin your fun knowing that the game doesn't use "real" shaders?

It's like people bitching when games on the PS360 only run at 700p, or something, and not 720p... it doesn't alter the game's experience enough to worry about it!

Around the Network

developers may know it exists, but they don't know what its capabilities are.

I am pretty sure they know better what the capabilities are than you and me . They also know how much work it is to do something.

cool, it sounds great!!

i may get this for Wii since i hate Ps3 controls on shooters...

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

It should be a good game on the Wii. I have no idea how the previous Call of Duty games were like on the Wii.

theRepublic said:

I could be wrong, but isn't this what the TEV unit is for?

Once again we are struck with developers who don't bother to learn outside of the box(PC dev). Yes that's what the TEV is for. If people are willing to bend brains for a multi chip why not for the TEV? oh wait lazy.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network

May buy the Wii and PC versions. I wish there was better local multiplayer though.

Chrizum said:
It is kind of weird that most developers do not know about the existance of the TEV. Isn't it Nintendo's duty to inform developers how to program for their system?

No its the developers fault. The Gamecube had a TEV unit. Factor 5 made extensive use of it on their launch title, Rogue Squadron 2, which launched in 2001. Its been seven years and developers are still too lazy to make use of the TEV unit!? Pathetic.

7 years to learn the TEV.

Third parties have no excuse.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

No god damn online co-op FTL. I am quite upset about that fact to tell you the truth. I was planning on getting this version with a buddy for the co-op, but no dice. Guess I'll get the 360 version.

Just kiss the tip.

yeah, It would be great with co-op. but I guess the figure that wouldn't work out well. the extra shooter is ok I guess

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself