By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you buy games new or used?

depends what it is, if its a game i need 100% like MGS4 then i will get it brand new because i would have got it launch day and no other pre-owned games will be about.

if given the option i will always get a pre-owned game when it is for the ps3 because its on a blu-ray disk and they are very very hard to damage so the disk always looks brand new and dont have any scratches.

but any other console it will have to be brand new but being as the hardware is hacked i dont need to buy games for them

Well i buy games for the ps2 because its Sony but all the other consols i have well

Around the Network

80% of the time used.... mostly used Ds games though...

New Orange Box for me would be $29.99, I was tempted to buy it today.

Generally new. Gotta support the publishers

1st party and PLATFORMER = new

3rd parties = used

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
depends. If I really want the game I will usually buy it in it's first week new. Various "meh" games or games that sound cool, but I don't get them for one reason or another I will get used.

This.

New whenever I can.

$30 is my sweet spot since I buy most DS games brand new. Console games I'll wait for a price drop or get used for under $30.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

most of the time used unless i am buying the game the first day such as Halo 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, etc.

Mummelmann said:
New, always. People treat DVD's, CD's and game discs like shit here, odds are that a used disc of any kind won't even work.
There was an old videoshop here that rented out the games for 2-3 years and then sold them at full price...
And; yes, people bought them (they were mostly NES and SNES games that don't wear out that badly, but still).

Yeah, I really have to wonder what people do to their discs to get so many scratches.

OT: New as often as possible.