By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you buy games new or used?

I buy my games new.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Around the Network

I buy both...

If it gets a good review or I really think I will like it a lot I buy new...

If it gets average reviews, I wait for the retail price to drop to $39.99...

If it is bad reviews and I didn't really care for it to begin with I will wait until it is used and very cheap...

steven787 said:
FishyJoe said:
Mummelmann said:
New, always. People treat DVD's, CD's and game discs like shit here, odds are that a used disc of any kind won't even work.
There was an old videoshop here that rented out the games for 2-3 years and then sold them at full price...
And; yes, people bought them (they were mostly NES and SNES games that don't wear out that badly, but still).

At the rental place I go to, I think they have a disc repair machine because the used copies I buy have no scratches on them usually.

Gamestop has a 7 Day return policy, they'll give you a different copy, store credit, or a new game with no questions asked.  I do it all the time.  I usually go through 2 or 3 games before keeping one.  I've bought hundreds of used games and never had a scratched one.  I've gotten the cash back once or twice.

Most rental places will let you return your copy if they are defective. Gamestop prices are kind of high for used. Used rental copies can be cheaper and the box and manual are usually untouched as they normally only rent the disc. I'm not saying Gamestop is bad, but if you're a real cheapskate like me you can get a better deal

theRepublic said:
I buy new. I would rather support the developer and publisher than Gamestop.

This, I usually try to buy new just to support the devs.
I'd rather keep playing through great games than shop in a new shiny gamestop/ebgames store.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

FishyJoe said:
steven787 said:
FishyJoe said:
Mummelmann said:
New, always. People treat DVD's, CD's and game discs like shit here, odds are that a used disc of any kind won't even work.
There was an old videoshop here that rented out the games for 2-3 years and then sold them at full price...
And; yes, people bought them (they were mostly NES and SNES games that don't wear out that badly, but still).

At the rental place I go to, I think they have a disc repair machine because the used copies I buy have no scratches on them usually.

Gamestop has a 7 Day return policy, they'll give you a different copy, store credit, or a new game with no questions asked.  I do it all the time.  I usually go through 2 or 3 games before keeping one.  I've bought hundreds of used games and never had a scratched one.  I've gotten the cash back once or twice.

Most rental places will let you return your copy if they are defective. Gamestop prices are kind of high for used. Used rental copies can be cheaper and the box and manual are usually untouched as they normally only rent the disc. I'm not saying Gamestop is bad, but if you're a real cheapskate like me you can get a better deal

But with the ability to try before you buy it's like getting a rental.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

Double post...

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.