By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you buy games new or used?

I have to admit, most of my buying is used these days. For just waiting a couple months, I can usually get games at 1/2-1/3 of the new price. I seem to find the best deals from buying rental games.

Today I bought the Orange box for $20, man what a bargain!

Around the Network

new before college

now with college books costing like 150 each im going to start getting used games

Usually new but it really depends on what game it is.

I buy new games...except PS1 games...which I have to buy used...cuz they are fucking expensive brand new....Vandel Hearts- 100 dollars >_>

^_^

Used. BK on 360 and big games like brawl I buy new... also players choice games new.

Around the Network

depends. If I really want the game I will usually buy it in it's first week new. Various "meh" games or games that sound cool, but I don't get them for one reason or another I will get used.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

New, always. People treat DVD's, CD's and game discs like shit here, odds are that a used disc of any kind won't even work.
There was an old videoshop here that rented out the games for 2-3 years and then sold them at full price...
And; yes, people bought them (they were mostly NES and SNES games that don't wear out that badly, but still).

skeezer said:
I buy new games...except PS1 games...which I have to buy used...cuz they are fucking expensive brand new....Vandel Hearts- 100 dollars >_>

Reallly....A new copy of Vandel Hearts at my local Microplay is ony $29.99

Mummelmann said:
New, always. People treat DVD's, CD's and game discs like shit here, odds are that a used disc of any kind won't even work.
There was an old videoshop here that rented out the games for 2-3 years and then sold them at full price...
And; yes, people bought them (they were mostly NES and SNES games that don't wear out that badly, but still).

At the rental place I go to, I think they have a disc repair machine because the used copies I buy have no scratches on them usually.

DeotoxSlayer said:
skeezer said:

Reallly....A new copy of Vandel Hearts at my local Microplay is ony $29.99

:O

If only I had gas to get where you are >_>

But still many PS1 games brand new are really expensive...FFVII

^_^