By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First Heavy Rain Video released

Gobias said:
obieslut said:
starcraft said:
dbot said:
starcraft said:
I'm so pumped. I hope the game gets delayed a lot, cause I'm gonna have to buy a PS3 the day it comes out.

And I hope Versus stays exclusive, or I'm gonna feel like a knob buying an expensive system for one game.

I love how you can still manage to piss-off the PS3 fans while saying something good about the PS3. You have a talent.

Only one PS3 fan commented before you.

He approved of my post........

starcraft used to be a troll. now he has improved the most out of any troll that has been on this site.

i think he is cool, i like his style

No, hes still a troll, just a lot more subtle now.

Oh go and pay off your enormous ban fine......

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I'm still not that impressed. It looks good technically, but I'm not sold on the game at all. QTE gameplay isn't going to convince me, and it just looks like high-res models of animated cutscenes past.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

starcraft said:
dbot said:
starcraft said:
I'm so pumped. I hope the game gets delayed a lot, cause I'm gonna have to buy a PS3 the day it comes out.

And I hope Versus stays exclusive, or I'm gonna feel like a knob buying an expensive system for one game.

I love how you can still manage to piss-off the PS3 fans while saying something good about the PS3.  You have a talent.

Only one PS3 fan commented before you.

He approved of my post........

I guess I was misreading your post.  I though you were saying the PS3 was over-priced without any games, and will probably lose it's remaining third party exclusive.  Oh, and you were calling existing PS3 owners knobs. 

Anyway, I am glad you are excited for Heavy Rain.  It definately has potential.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Game is awesoem looking but the button response thing is a turn off , I like using my own skill to play as opposed to being dicated to.

dbot said:

I guess I was misreading your post.  I though you were saying the PS3 was over-priced without any games, and will probably lose it's remaining third party exclusive.  Oh, and you were calling existing PS3 owners knobs. 

Anyway, I am glad you are excited for Heavy Rain.  It definately has potential.

It doesn't have many games I want, given I already own an Xbox 360.  Ignoring that, I can vaguely recognise how you got some of that from my post, but how did you reach the bolded conclusion?

Anyways, I've been hyped for Heavy Rain ever since Makingmusic got me on to the "casting" trailer.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

full QTE gameplay ???

hum hum hum ...it depends if "square" is used randomly or if "square" REALLY correspond to a certain type of action (move left foot, or make an agressive move for example)

Time to Work !

BenKenobi88 said:
I'm still not that impressed. It looks good technically, but I'm not sold on the game at all. QTE gameplay isn't going to convince me, and it just looks like high-res models of animated cutscenes past.

I'm confused now... Care to elaborate on that? xP

I wouldn't really call it a typo. When this game was announced it was announced PS360/PC. Then SONY came along and appearantly did major funding. After which SONY asked for a trailer to show at a game show [THe casting demonstration video], so everyone just thought that the game had went exclusive. Now with the recent claims of SONY funding development and with the announcement of the game's exclusivity at Liepzig. It seems it's now an officiall exclusive... instead of those highyly believed rumors. But who knows if SONY is really funding it....... I remember reading on wiki about the dev's having development issues with the game on 360..... that could be a huge part of it all. Who knows, but currently we can label it as a ps3 exclusive. And appearantly SONY is the publisher... that pretty much seals the deal and would answer those "funding rumors" as a very possible true..... to bad I think that wiki page has been changed.....

4 ≈ One

Rainbird said:
BenKenobi88 said:

I'm confused now... Care to elaborate on that? xP

Hah I was trying to get off the computer fast so I rushed that sentence. I just mean...this looks similar to cutscenes from games like Final Fantasy or Resident Evil. It looks animated similarly, it looks technically similar (obviously a plus considering this is "ingame"), but I consider that a negative too.

This doesn't really seem to push boundaries of emotions or expression in games, and I think it's going to play out like many game cutscenes have before, only now you're playing through it, though obviously with QTE as well.

It's too early to judge but it doesn't seem to be revolutionary or anything...just some good looking models perhaps a little better than MGS4...

Considering that the graphics are all fans are hyping about this game, I don't feel I'm being harsh.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I still don't understand whether or not I should be excited for this title... Impressive visuals but the context of the game seems almost nonexistant to me. Just a lot of stuff happening, seemingly for no good reason.
Will keep my eyes on it though, if all else fails it might still be a tad original.