By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First Heavy Rain Video released

Couldn't hope to notice, that gameplay look's more like original Dragons Lair and Myst style, than normal gameplay. If game really is more like cutscenes with reaction tests and few different plots, then it's no wonder how they can produce CGI graphics to game. Game is just list of CGI videos, not real time graphics.

I hope i'm wrong, because it would be nice to see gaming evolve to next level, but now I'm guite sure that HR won't do it. Instead it will bring back early 90's VIDEOgames to this era.

Around the Network

High res video on game trailers: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38635.html

Daffy: No, it's got 'normal' gameplay too, I'm almost certain of that, not just QTEs. EDIT: Yeah, you can see some of it in the video. The part where she's looking in the fridge, where she's walking through the hallway, walking up the stairs, and opening the door all look like typical gameplay. The rest of it's cutscenes, though.

And it's all being rendered in real time, none of its CGI.

The video for me was kind of disappointing, but after reading the myriad of choices that were actually available to the player, I'm very much looking forward to this game. It almost seems like a choose your own adventure book, with a good storyline that the player can interact with and change according to the choices he/she makes.

Here's the article I read that made me feel better:
http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/heavyrain/news.html?sid=6196255%E2%88%82&tag=gs_previews&subj=6196255&page=1

i didnt really get much from the video
loved indigo prophecy tho
looking forward to this game
is it just me or did the girl look like natalie portman

I love the PSWII60

looks cool

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Hyams said:
The graphics are insane. The character models are nearing CGI quality.

And yeah, I'm with jman8 on how the QTE buttons are incorporated into the scene. I hate it in games like Heavenly Sword where you're forced to focus on the center of the screen, and so essentially miss most of the cool action you're making happen.

I agree 100%.

I disagree 100%. God of War started using that a lot I think and I love it.

Looks good - but I hate QTE and believe it has never, like ever, been made to work well. Not in God of War, not in Bourne, nowhere never that as a story.

Let me use the sticks, let me hold X to say I want to dodge and press a direction. QTE are so unintuitive. It's like I want to jump to the right so watch the screen - quick a Square! Terrible. No matter how well they seem designed at the end of the day you're watching the screen for a cue, not watching the scene... to me it's like watching the Godfather then having to quickly press a button on the armrest to see the next part of the story... just awful as far as I'm concerned.

I have to suspect that if this is good it will be in spite of the QTE, not because of it...

They should rip out QTE IMHO and use something more involving that doesn't need any on-screen signals at all.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I'm so pumped. I hope the game gets delayed a lot, cause I'm gonna have to buy a PS3 the day it comes out.

And I hope Versus stays exclusive, or I'm gonna feel like a knob buying an expensive system for one game.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
I'm so pumped. I hope the game gets delayed a lot, cause I'm gonna have to buy a PS3 the day it comes out.

And I hope Versus stays exclusive, or I'm gonna feel like a knob buying an expensive system for one game.

Good for you Starcraft. All fanboyism aside, and embracing games.

Looks very interesting.