By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Wii core gamers must understand, Wii/consoles IS A TOY its for KIDS...

ctk495 said:
I've watch the whole video and that guy is a nintendo fanboy ignore him :P

Whether or not he is a fanboy, is his main point wrong?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

Damn, Malstrom should watch that video, and he should read this thread as it contains some very nice examples of hardcore gamers.

I'm not going to waste 10 minutes on such boring videos.

Currently Playing:

Wii: Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports Resort

Xbox360: Fifa 2009, Halflife 2 Episode 2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Want to play:
Wii: Lego Indiana Jones, SMG2
Xbox360: MW2
steven787 said:
ctk495 said:
I've watch the whole video and that guy is a nintendo fanboy ignore him :P

Whether or not he is a fanboy, is his main point wrong?

no but I didn't like the video.

Disney does well because there are always new customers (kids) that haven't seen or experienced Disney before. Their business security literally lies right at the beginning of the "circle of life", due to life's recurring nature, they will always have new customers  (and lots of them).

Impressionable youth are much less spread out, demographically, than adults, or even teenagers. Every kid (who is exposed to it) likes Disney, and every kid likes Mario, pretty much without exception, because, in trying to entertain themselves, their minds go through a much less experience-influenced process.

Nintendo's characters, and focus on kids, is a strategy than can never fail them, except in the face of serious competition -- which neither the PS3 or X360 are giving them right now, in this regard.

That being said, Nintendo's demographics scatter much moreso than the PS3 and X360's do at the adult consumer level. The Wii's hugest benefit is that, like a Disney movie, it appeals to both kids (with games), and parents (WiiFit, WiiPlay, WiiSports, etc.), giving parents a another big motivation to purchase it over the other consoles.

However, the Wii's amazing sales definately reek of "fad" and "novelty", despite my opinion that it can never fail. Traditionally, toy fads last two holiday seasons before they really start to drop off. I would say that, due to incredibly short supply, the Holidays in 2006 don't really count as one of these two holiday seasons, for the Wii -- so it should do decently well this season as well. After that... it'd be a real mystery as to how Wiis keep selling faster than the other consoles.

Around the Network

@b33r: But... How is it possible then that even from this sites users, most the oldest group are Wii owners? And what about all the talk about "soccer moms" and "grandparents"? If we say that you're ready to reproduce between the age of 10 and 13, you must be atleast 21 before you're a grandparent. In the west, people start to have kids usually after 25 and the younges grandparent i've heard of, was 28 years old norwegean woman (in some parts of Africa this could be pretty normal, since girls may get married at the age of 5, so it's possible for them to get kids as soon as they're physically ready). People at the age of 21, can still be called as kids, but i don't think 28 qualifies anymore.

@Diomedes: As fkusumot already said, kids are the core gamers. And another thing, if "casual" gaming is so risky and is everyone outside the "hardcore", who can you target anymore?
I think you know that the "casual" is the core audience and in order to target outside the core, you need to get new "casuals". Until this becomes the core, you can't disrupt by appealing to the "casual".

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Just like hotdogs; facts aren't for everyone.

The cool thing about all of his videos, is that he doesn't go outside of the tangible, even in his relation with some exemptions.

Funny thing is he covers a lot in 10 minutes on 11 but those complaining about how long it took him didn't get his point regardless of how many times he revisted them.

"cut, print n' move on."

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

if he points was we should pokemon.

i'm totally against it...

diversity it what makes the market great, if i only could play games like wii sport and other casuals shit.

i would rather stop gaming.

@Groucho: It's not a mystery how it keeps selling. Your mindset about Wii selling because it's "hot", is disproven by its software sales. If it would be selling because it's "hot", it wouldn't sell software. The software sales are what keeps driving Wiis sales, just like they have been doing so far.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

@bdbdbd

Lol true, the guys who are buying these mini-golf games are the same kind of games who bought them for the PSX and PS2 and SNES...

Suddenly their called casual now... which I went through some frustration in another thread about gaming and gamers who classify other gamers, and how this classification system that is induced and supported by the hardcore gaming journalists narrative is like a psuedo 1930's American racism, where certain schools were for certain colored peoples there are certain games for certain people and certain consoles for certain gamers.

It's a self-sustaining argument because it's all pathos you can't argue feelings, the passion of gamers has been twist turned into this hate, my friend is a self proclaimed "Sony franchise whore" This was at a time when I couldn't care less about gamings pop-culture I was playing games for games.. casually, he on the other hand was in furry baring fangs and saliva leaking, fighting tooth and nail with me over my purchase of a Wii over a PS3. I was labeled a Nintendo fanboy by him, considering just before that we would play PSU and I was playing that on my PS2, (he saw the lengths I went to first hand to find a internet adapter) I was amazed he said that I was a fan to of a company for their console and not their games. So I played coy and admitted being a fan - by nature I paid him more attention broke his words down.. Long story short I vision every fan-boy/girl on this site in his image.

Understanding helps I guess, but seeing this kind of segrigation amungst gamers start places me in awe, I wonder if this is how racism started in reality, is it the voice of one that can be heard by many and then reemphizies by an elite group of others that can create this serperation for millions of people of all ages, kids to fully grown men and women.

Gaming has a long way to go, but it's come a long way, I can talk to my employees and coworkers about gaming and they can relate that to something they do outside of gaming, that is a very long way we have come...

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D