By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Wii core gamers must understand, Wii/consoles IS A TOY its for KIDS...

He made some good points; however, he left out the fact that kids who have heard of them would rather be playing Halo, Resident Evil, and Grand Theft Auto than Mario and Zelda.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Around the Network

@Soriku i can see why you think that. i would get into a discusion on why i think you are wrong but this site holds far too much ninty bias and i will only get out numbered by giant ammounts

Regarding the 360, there's the awesome Kameo. Viva Pinata and a new Banjo game coming up. But I don't think it's really a console best suited for kids, especially with the early hardware issues.

According to a survey about 87% of PS3 owners watch Blu-Ray movies, suggesting a remarkable high percentage of HDTV users and thus very likely a mature user base.

The games I personally look most forward to are Resistance 2, Killzone 2 and God of War 3. But I love many Mario games as well, IMO Mario64 and Super Mario World were family games rather than specifically kids orientated games, that would be something like Pokemon or Putt-Putt.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Soriku said:
obieslut said:
Soriku said:
obieslut said:
Soriku said:
obieslut said:
the man who made this video should get shot, and most of you are even more stupid for listening to him.

this geza who made the vid is acting like all the adults are going to stop playing ghame aka move on with the life whilst the children will keep playing,

what you got to remember is though that as the adults get older so do these children so its a big cycle. the children who once loved mario and fluffy pink bunnies bouncing around the screen are going to mayhem and cahos. epic games that you can sink you teeth into.

thats where sony and microsoft come in.

this vid is full of fail and the people who listen to it fail even worse

You say it failed...yet I doubt you even watched the video

i yes i have watched it. he is putting his theory on the comic books market and his voice is annoying aswell and he chats a lot of crap and has no evidence to back it up. when a game like halo and gears can sell so well and you have to be 18+ to play them, then his theory just become, lets say

FULL OF SHIT, but thats just a nice way of putting it, and people on this site who are seeing the sales for themseves can easilly figure out that this is just an extreme ninty fanboy trying to say that hardcore gaming is dead.

i just cannot get over the fact that all you people can not see this and even worse agree with the trash he is spuing from that cake hole in the middle of his face

No evidence? He gave evidence throughout the video.

Also, he never said hardcore gaming was dead in the video. At all. He said games like Gears of War or whatever aren't games that drive the industry...and that's true. Kids are the main market and do you think some game with blood/gore and/or sex with uber graphics would appeal to them...or something like Mario or Pokemon?

He never said hardcore gaming would be gone...he said if companies ONLY make hardcore games the industry will stagnate. Does that mean that these games should NEVER be made? Of course not. And he never said that, either. These games will not drive the industry and that's his whole point.

See...no wonder I think you never watched the video. You didn't understand it...at all.

i think it is a good idea to have games like mario and shit because kids need to play somthing, i am just making the point clear that games like gears are always going to sell really really well. it jsut really pisse me off when some noob who doesnt know what he is talking about is saying that "hardcore" gaming is going to die the same way comic books have.

So you basically didn't understand the concept of the video...at all?

The guy never said hardcore gaming would die. At all. Never. He never said it in the video. Not once.

What he DID say if all the industry is being drived by is bloody and highly graphical games (that completely alienate the main video game market - kids) then the industry will not grow and WILL stagnate. That's very true because kids are the largest piece of the pie. Hardcore gamers aren't a big piece and ONLY targetting them WOULD make that happen.

That's where Nintendo steps in and makes all their casual games, BUT also still make their Mario and Zelda and Metroid for the core market. The core market is NOT the largest piece, but they are an important piece and they CAN'T alienate them.

You wiill STILL get yoyr hardcore games. But do those games drive the industry? Do they attract new gamers? No and no.

We all started out casual and went from casual to core...why do you suddenly hate casuals? Attracting casuals = making new gamers = that's great! Or do you want LESS gamers?

That's the WHOLE point. He NEVER said hardcore gaming would die so DON'T try to spin it like he said that. That just makes you look pathetic.

once agin if you read in between the lines he is obviously saying that. i mean come on just look at what he is doing. he is saying that hardcore gaming is going to go the way of comic books. and the comic books market has shrunk and shrunk and shrunk and now is almost dead, so even emplying that hardcore gaming is going the way of the cimic books is just another way of saying it is dieing

Soriku said:
MikeB said:

Although I agree the PS3 needs more kids orientated content for the long run, IMO the time isn't right yet. At some point the PS3 will be cheap and parents will buy them for their kids. Currently IMO the best focus should stay teen/adult males with some additional family content like LittleBigPlanet and hopefully games like Jak & Daxter and Ape Escape (was reported to be worked on for the PS3) as well.

Deep stories, horror, more complex gaming requiring skill and yes even sexually tainted stuff, IMO it should all be covered.

There's still the cheap PS2 which is still being supported and have tons of cheap and fun kids orientated games for it. Crash, Spyro, Rayman, Lego series, etc.

Finally a Sony fan who gets it! Thank you!

but the ps3 is getting these games so i aint goig on about that. i am just annoyed that some bum is saying that ps3 360 type gaming and games is going to die without any evidence to back it up

Around the Network
Soriku said:
obieslut said:

@Soriku i can see why you think that. i would get into a discusion on why i think you are wrong but this site holds far too much ninty bias and i will only get out numbered by giant ammounts

No...you would just be proven wrong very easily.

If you don't get it ask MikeB if you're so against us Nintendo fans. MikeB got it just fine.

i agree with what MikeB is saying but the geza in the video is saying something else

the comic book industry isn't dead...look at Manga and Anime..

they are doing fine..

it's the disruptor who survives....not the incubants

so...yes...gaming is going the way of comic books..hardcore gaming WILL die..

as we know it

it will be reborn in Nintendo's view..like with DS (kind of)

Soriku said:
obieslut said:
Soriku said:
MikeB said:

Although I agree the PS3 needs more kids orientated content for the long run, IMO the time isn't right yet. At some point the PS3 will be cheap and parents will buy them for their kids. Currently IMO the best focus should stay teen/adult males with some additional family content like LittleBigPlanet and hopefully games like Jak & Daxter and Ape Escape (was reported to be worked on for the PS3) as well.

Deep stories, horror, more complex gaming requiring skill and yes even sexually tainted stuff, IMO it should all be covered.

There's still the cheap PS2 which is still being supported and have tons of cheap and fun kids orientated games for it. Crash, Spyro, Rayman, Lego series, etc.

Finally a Sony fan who gets it! Thank you!

but the ps3 is getting these games so i aint goig on about that. i am just annoyed that some bum is saying that ps3 360 type gaming and games is going to die without any evidence to back it up

So...you still DON'T get it? He never said they will die. He said if all the future has is bloody and highly graphical games (and that the graphics are enforced) the market will stagnate.

I don't understand why you keep repeating this. He never said it at all. What's the matter with you?

no he never said it. but yes he emplied it. thats like me saying last year. oh the ps3 is tracking like the gamecube? so in conclusion it is going to end up like the gamecube. i never said the ps3 is going to die but i emplied it. that is what this geeza is doing with ps360 gaming

If HD gaming will "Die" because of the Wii then there must not have been much of a market for HD gaming in the first place and it would have died anyways ...

Realistically HD gaming is the future, but the market is not large enough today to support the massive development costs yet, HDTV adoption isn't high enough that enough people care about HD to really make it a major selling feature, and the single minded focus on the "Hard-Core" gamer alienated enough of the typical gamers to cause another videogame industry crash if someone didn't target them.

just because disney's market strategy is successful, it doesn't mean other movies companies have to start making kids movies.
despite the fact that kids movies make the majority of money in the biz, other companies simply do not want to make kids movies...... i don't know how else to help you guys understand.
This guy has a good point, but then again, sony doesn't cater to any one group, it publishes whatever devs want to give them.