By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Wii core gamers must understand, Wii/consoles IS A TOY its for KIDS...

BMaker11 said:

Stop watching after he called the multimedia hubs (PS360) "toys"

I didn't know that a movie player was a "toy"
I didn't know that a storage unit for pictures and videos was a "toy"
I didn't know that a continuing thrust towards an online community was a "toy"

You can have fun, enjoy, and be entertained by things without out them being "toys"

The only difference between men and boys is the size of their toys.

Think of the Ferraris, yachts and private jets owned by millionaires. You honestly think these AREN'T toys?

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network

Horrible.

First of all, $300 is not expensive for a video game system.  NES cost $200, Atari cost $200, Intellivision cost $300.  When you factor in inflation and $300 isnt costly at all, if not cheaper.

Secondly, catering to an adult audience will not hurt Microsoft and Sony at all because the younger audience that is attracted to Wii, DS, and the like will eventually grow into Micrsoft and Sony's target market if they aren't already brought into gaming through the systems already.  To think that one day kids wont want video games because XBox 360 and PS3 didnt cater is kinda silly.

Theres a truth on the video you know, since its also happening in our beloved anime scene, YEAH, its still popular but is it that popular on the west that most people reading mangas instead of comic books or Harry Potter books? Or any reading materials for that matter? In Japan it is, I doubt the US.

I mean, are new anime lover a.k.a. the teens "the kids" still remembers Evangelion, Samurai X, Cowboy Bebop, Card Captor Sakura, etc...? Of course not, because its not as mainstream as Yu Gi Oh, Naruto, Bleach, Pokemon, Digimon and the likes...

Before animes are cool, its a medium for us mature audience to appreciate animation not to brand as we're acting like a child. NOW... its only a excuse to watch spiky characters with ridicolous plots and logic and fangirls watch emo guys without social interaction and drooling over them...

Before, from 1998 to early 00's animes are booming, there are more variety Gundam W, Evangelion, Serial Experiment Lain, DBZ, Sailor Moon, Ranma 1/2, Samurai X, Card Captor Sakura, etc... Now that the older fans of animes are into other things like families and jobs, now animes are becoming mediocre stories turned into filler eps and emo stories and flashbacks nobody cares about.

I still like animes I still do, but animes arent the way they used to...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Opinions are nice, though useless, and Im not wasting 10 minutes of my free time on this. Wrap up the jist of it into a post?

^^This guy makes a lot of sense, watch it instead.

Around the Network

First I was like of course, another Wii bashing video. Then I watched (thank you Soriku for your comment, I was confused when I heard you agreed with it) AND I TOTALLY AGREE! Going into my sig...

PS3 is an adult toy ;)
Seriously though, that was pretty good. I don't really care what happens in the long run though, as I can sense that I am already losing some interest in gaming, and I am still a teenager. I like childish games less, and ultraviolent and ultra sexual games disgust me, so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByPcQBveWOA&feature=related

I prefer this one, btw.

Some thoughts.

First of all, I like this guy. The work he is doing reminds me of stuff I did in high school (slides to songs in the pre-MTV (at least where I lived) era).

Second, professional sports is asking the same question about renewing fans, especially given the ticket cost.

Third, the comments about corporate profits concerns are real. Remember that Sony has said no price drop because it does not want to loose its shirt with the PS3 hardware.

OK. So maybe the arguments can be simplistic and maybe people can come up with counter-examples. But just remember at E3, both Sony and Microsoft were big into how their game consoles played downloaded movies while -- for better or worse -- Nintendo talked about games for everyone.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I've watch it again with some of his other videos and their really good.