By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Overlord Dark Legend for Wii

Am I the only one who love Overlord on PC? Anyway I can't wait to see now everything works out, if its good I am going to buy it, if not I will just wait for a PC version.

Around the Network
the_bloodwalker said:

It's kind of like Pikmin, except you control evil minions and wreak havoc upon the land.

There are so many things right about this sentence, that I'm left unable to formulate a complete thought, save for "evil Pikmin...muahahahahaha!!!"

erikers said:
the_bloodwalker said:
erikers said:

Rather than going to the 360? The actual sequel is going to be on the 360 aka Overlord 2. This is another spinoff that's going to be pointless like the Soulcalibur one was. The actual main Overlord game isn't even good. I can't imagine what this game will be. There's little hope this or Overlord 2 will be any good.

Read the article...

From the Article:

IGN: How is Overlord Dark Legend related to the first Overlord game?

Dean Scott: There are lots of subtle connections for Overlord-savvy gamers, but in the lineage of the series the events take place before the original game. So certain things you do set up events featured in the other games. It's not the same Overlord though. We're setting up the idea that there have been a series of Overlords throughout time.

is not a spinoff

Anything that isn't part of the main series is enevitably a spinoff.  This isn't Star Wars where the first Overlord game was called Overlord 4 and this Wii game is now Overlord 1.  It's a spinoff that takes place before the first Overlord.  I'm not sure what you read that made you think otherwide but there's only one main series for a franchise and any other games relating to the series are spinoff games made from the original concept.

So Lufia Rise of Sinistrials was a Spin off ahh. Alright here I thought it maintained the same story line! Thanks for clearing that up for me, it felt pretty coherent to me I and here I thought it wasn't a spin off for all those years!

Point is, they didn't put the number II on it... Silent Hill Origins anybody? Prequels aren't always numbered to help avoid confusion. So you're assuming it is not in the lineage of the game simply because it doesn't have a Roman numeral at the end?

I will be getting the Xbox 360 version this fall for $8 or so...
This looks good for people who only own Wii though, this game looks really fun! Dead rising and Overlord... will Wii eventually steal alot of 3rd party support, or just get some games and alot of ports? I am hoping it gets moderate support and some ports as well. That would work out the best for all 3 console owners.

@erikers: Don't you have anything more constructive to do, like play your beloved 360 games rather than come in here, troll and instantly dismiss a game because it's not the direct sequel to the original game? The creators said it was a prequel. Deal with it and move on.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
the_bloodwalker said:

It's kind of like Pikmin, except you control evil minions and wreak havoc upon the land.

There are so many things right about this sentence, that I'm left unable to formulate a complete thought, save for "evil Pikmin...muahahahahaha!!!"

Agreed. That sentance alone sold me on this game.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

erikers said:
Viper1 said:
erikers said:
trestres said:
This is good news people. This is not a port or anything like Capcom or other big companies are doing. This is a game in the series that rather than going to the 360 is coming to the Wii. Who knows how this would turn out?

Rather than going to the 360? The actual sequel is going to be on the 360 aka Overlord 2. This is another spinoff that's going to be pointless like the Soulcalibur one was. The actual main Overlord game isn't even good. I can't imagine what this game will be. There's little hope this or Overlord 2 will be any good.

It's a prequel, not a spin off. Read the article.

It's just a spinoff set before the first game. Regardless of what you or I call it, I'm sure we'll agree on how "good" it is when it comes out.

I guess ALL the handheld Kingdom Hearts games, God of War: Chains of Olympus, Star Wars E. 1 2 and 3, are all spinoffs then.  In that case, more spinoffs plz!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

So it begins...................

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Erikers...did your 360....well.....you know.....kafizzle, sizzle, and get Red?

souixan said:
 So Lufia Rise of Sinistrials was a Spin off ahh. Alright here I thought it maintained the same story line! Thanks for clearing that up for me, it felt pretty coherent to me I and here I thought it wasn't a spin off for all those years!

Point is, they didn't put the number II on it... Silent Hill Origins anybody? Prequels aren't always numbered to help avoid confusion. So you're assuming it is not in the lineage of the game simply because it doesn't have a Roman numeral at the end?

interesting you mentioned Silent Hill :0rigins... Bceause it was developed by Climax Studios, the ones that are making the Wii Overlord game :)