By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Overlord Dark Legend for Wii

trestres said:
This is good news people. This is not a port or anything like Capcom or other big companies are doing. This is a game in the series that rather than going to the 360 is coming to the Wii. Who knows how this would turn out?

Rather than going to the 360?  The actual sequel is going to be on the 360 aka Overlord 2.  This is another spinoff that's going to be pointless like the Soulcalibur one was.  The actual main Overlord game isn't even good.  I can't imagine what this game will be.  There's little hope this or Overlord 2 will be any good.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Around the Network

Another game and anoher reason 2009 is going to be te year of the wii(hopefully).

That said I gald thier making an all new game for the wii but wonder if the comparison to pikmin help make the choice to switch to the wii.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

It's very interesting to see this game comming for Wii. This news came out of nowhere and the wii specific features look very promising.

I'm glad that it's an original game in the Overlord universe

erikers said:

Rather than going to the 360?  The actual sequel is going to be on the 360 aka Overlord 2.  This is another spinoff that's going to be pointless like the Soulcalibur one was.  The actual main Overlord game isn't even good.  I can't imagine what this game will be.  There's little hope this or Overlord 2 will be any good.

Read the article...

From the Article:

IGN: How is Overlord Dark Legend related to the first Overlord game?

Dean Scott: There are lots of subtle connections for Overlord-savvy gamers, but in the lineage of the series the events take place before the original game. So certain things you do set up events featured in the other games. It's not the same Overlord though. We're setting up the idea that there have been a series of Overlords throughout time.

is not a spinoff. that goes to DS

axumblade said:
So take a game that flopped on the 360. Then put it on the PS3. Watch it flop there. Then put it on the Wii....any predictions of what will happen?

It shipped over a million between PC/PS3/360.

Around the Network

Right on. Wii should be perfect for pikmin like games.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

LordTheNightKnight said:
trestres said:
This is good news people. This is not a port or anything like Capcom or other big companies are doing. This is a game in the series that rather than going to the 360 is coming to the Wii. Who knows how this would turn out?

Dead Rising isn't a port, either.

Ummm dead rising is a port with some added crap.

As far as overlord, I really liked this game on the 360. It wasn't a technological marvel the water didn't look like real water and my eyes didn't melt at the 1337 graffix. However it was witty and had a good sense of humor and I value that far more than visuals could ever make up for.

erikers said:
trestres said:

It's a prequel, not a spin off.  Read the article.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

the_bloodwalker said:
erikers said:

Rather than going to the 360? The actual sequel is going to be on the 360 aka Overlord 2. This is another spinoff that's going to be pointless like the Soulcalibur one was. The actual main Overlord game isn't even good. I can't imagine what this game will be. There's little hope this or Overlord 2 will be any good.

Read the article...

From the Article:

IGN: How is Overlord Dark Legend related to the first Overlord game?

Dean Scott: There are lots of subtle connections for Overlord-savvy gamers, but in the lineage of the series the events take place before the original game. So certain things you do set up events featured in the other games. It's not the same Overlord though. We're setting up the idea that there have been a series of Overlords throughout time.

is not a spinoff

Anything that isn't part of the main series is enevitably a spinoff.  This isn't Star Wars where the first Overlord game was called Overlord 4 and this Wii game is now Overlord 1.  It's a spinoff that takes place before the first Overlord.  I'm not sure what you read that made you think otherwide but there's only one main series for a franchise and any other games relating to the series are spinoff games made from the original concept.

Viper1 said:
erikers said:
trestres said:

Rather than going to the 360? The actual sequel is going to be on the 360 aka Overlord 2. This is another spinoff that's going to be pointless like the Soulcalibur one was. The actual main Overlord game isn't even good. I can't imagine what this game will be. There's little hope this or Overlord 2 will be any good.

It's a prequel, not a spin off. Read the article.

It's just a spinoff set before the first game.  Regardless of what you or I call it, I'm sure we'll agree on how "good" it is when it comes out.