By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can the ps3 ever pass the wii in hardware sales?

Obliterator1700 said:
izaaz101 said:
RolStoppable said:
Yes, it can. Once FFXIII, GT5, FFXIII Versus, Infamous, Socom, Little Big Planet, Afrika, Resistance 2, Killzone 2 and etc. are released and the price drops to $199, no TRUE gamer can resist to buy PS3. =)))

Wii is a fad and will die once all soccer moms, grandparents and little kids got sick of it. =)))

More =)))))))))'s please!

PS3 does have a 10 year plan right.............

8now.

Well, the plan is still a "10 year plan"............but there's ONLY 8 years left.

Around the Network

^They have 8 years to do something. I hope they do...

if the PS3's price drops 200 in the next minute.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

azrm2k said:
forevercloud3000 said:
I stand by the belief that the Wii is a fad(still does not change the fact it is very successful). I think the Wii will cap somewhere around 50million sold by say, 2011. I believe at that point the other two systems will be much closer to it's price, if not exact or cheaper. The Wii has already begun to loose steam as I have seen quite a few ppl come back to Gamestop displeased with the current market leader. We actually got a Wii BACK for the second time since it's release. The 360's sales have already begun to settle. They are capping in just it's 3rd yr. With the 360's small boosts here and there with MS's famous marketing I say they will reach 40million.

That only leaves PS3. I believe the PS3 will have passed 360 sales but not Wii in 2011. Maybe at the 45million range. At this point in time though BluRay will be the norm and sales will sky rocket. Alongside hit titles and sequels, the PS3 can pass Wii in just the following yr.

Either a great joke post or you're stuck in 2006 with a Wii Bingo card.

50 million Wiis by 2011?  There'll be more sold than that before this time next year!

I was thinking the same thing lol, it almost has to be a joke =P

If not he will be very confused and dissapointed when the Wii is around 45m by the end of the year.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
azrm2k said:
forevercloud3000 said:
I stand by the belief that the Wii is a fad(still does not change the fact it is very successful). I think the Wii will cap somewhere around 50million sold by say, 2011. I believe at that point the other two systems will be much closer to it's price, if not exact or cheaper. The Wii has already begun to loose steam as I have seen quite a few ppl come back to Gamestop displeased with the current market leader. We actually got a Wii BACK for the second time since it's release. The 360's sales have already begun to settle. They are capping in just it's 3rd yr. With the 360's small boosts here and there with MS's famous marketing I say they will reach 40million.

That only leaves PS3. I believe the PS3 will have passed 360 sales but not Wii in 2011. Maybe at the 45million range. At this point in time though BluRay will be the norm and sales will sky rocket. Alongside hit titles and sequels, the PS3 can pass Wii in just the following yr.

Either a great joke post or you're stuck in 2006 with a Wii Bingo card.

50 million Wiis by 2011? There'll be more sold than that before this time next year!

I was thinking the same thing lol, it almost has to be a joke =P

If not he will be very confused and dissapointed when the Wii is around 45m by the end of the year.

Comeon Sqrl, we all know about the negative sales trend that's going to hit the Wii soon, as the great prophet Leo-J has foretold.  The Wii will hit 75 million units by the end of 2009 and then Super Elite Uber P0wnage IV will be released for the PS3, causing everyone to return their Wiis and purchase PS3s.  After that, the Wii will continue to decline until only one unit is left in the world, shared by a nomadic tribe in southern Mongolia.  Ioi will have to adjust the numbers accordingly and it will become the worst selling console in history.

All has been foreseen...

Around the Network

I think someone has been a little kuku and smoking some magical plants lately. I can tell you that the PS2 lifetime sales will surpass the Wii though.. lol. As of right now..... not sure about Wii lifetime sales.

It would of been more logical to compare PS3 to Xbox 360. Wii is on a whole new level of sales. In fact, its double the sales of the PS3, while its 5.5 million shy to the 360.

You can even go as far as combining the Xbox 360 and PS3 cumulative sales and Wii will still have more than them both combined and that won't be a crazy idea either.

sure and then we can go skiing with the devil

It's too late for the PS3.

People who owned a PS2 before are massively buying Wiis. Most people buy only one console every generation.

Currently Playing:

Wii: Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports Resort

Xbox360: Fifa 2009, Halflife 2 Episode 2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Want to play:
Wii: Lego Indiana Jones, SMG2
Xbox360: MW2

Short answer, no!. In order to catch the Wii in sales... to steal a line from the movie Robocop.

The PS3 would have to be the hot gamer console for the next decade. Unfortunately, for the PS3 the Wii is Cain from Robocop 2 and the 360 is ED-209.

I know folks bad analogy but I thought it would work.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

PhalanxCO said:

Comeon Sqrl, we all know about the negative sales trend that's going to hit the Wii soon, as the great prophet Leo-J has foretold. The Wii will hit 75 million units by the end of 2009 and then Super Elite Uber P0wnage IV will be released for the PS3, causing everyone to return their Wiis and purchase PS3s. After that, the Wii will continue to decline until only one unit is left in the world, shared by a nomadic tribe in southern Mongolia. Ioi will have to adjust the numbers accordingly and it will become the worst selling console in history.

All has been foreseen...

Tell Leo-J to wipe that little smudge off his crystal ball. There's more: After the nomads have the the world's last Wii plundered from them by the Thousand Nations of the Hardcore Empire, Nintendo's blundering attempts to correct the situation will lead to the existence of negative Wii systems. Yes, you heard me! The Wii will make console history by not only having their sales go negative, but having the userbase go negative! Ultimately, they will end this generation with an installed user base of some -20 million. How they are going to try and tap this negative userbase, unfortunately, was not told by the crystal ball, as my own crystal ball exploded before it could reveal the answer.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition