By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can the ps3 ever pass the wii in hardware sales?

Value investment and innovation.

That is all.

Wii is worth $250 and PS3 is not worth whatever it costs.

That means PS3 is worth less than the Wii if it has to go to $199.

The worst news will be if Sony has to close factories or change their development line.

Sony has it pretty bad though... With Microsoft sucking the life blood from their gaming division, it's only a matter of time before Microsoft goes into developing TV's. (Remember 'Surface') Then the trend will continue until Microsoft forces them out of the picture. The method is annoying as well, they basically mimic the PS3 and do it before the PS3 does it, then advertise it as being 'simply better'.

Either the two of them are going to hell or Sony is leaving the market.

Should the PS3 even reach 30 million I'll be amazed I'm betting the guys at Microsoft are trying to find ways to kill their profitability. Soon they will gun for the PS3 users themselves.... (FFXIII, Avatars and New Dash Board.) PS3 finally gets in-game xmb and boom new dash-board and the Xbox360 is marketed again as simply better online.

As for Nintendo - After they are comfortable in their method in seeking non-consumers I want to see the paradigm shift they've been going on and on about. I want to see the PSX and PS2 core gamers values shift - if that happens my hat's off to them.

People are already going on and on about that more people are buying 2 different consoles than ever before. I wonder if Wii will become the norm for the deep-rooted-core.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
dib8rman said:
Value investment and innovation.

That is all.

Wii is worth $250 and PS3 is not worth whatever it costs.

That means PS3 is worth less than the Wii if it has to go to $199.

The worst news will be if Sony has to close factories or change their development line.

Sony has it pretty bad though... With Microsoft sucking the life blood from their gaming division, it's only a matter of time before Microsoft goes into developing TV's. (Remember 'Surface') Then the trend will continue until Microsoft forces them out of the picture. The method is annoying as well, they basically mimic the PS3 and do it before the PS3 does it, then advertise it as being 'simply better'.

Either the two of them are going to hell or Sony is leaving the market.

Should the PS3 even reach 30 million I'll be amazed I'm betting the guys at Microsoft are trying to find ways to kill their profitability. Soon they will gun for the PS3 users themselves.... (FFXIII, Avatars and New Dash Board.) PS3 finally gets in-game xmb and boom new dash-board and the Xbox360 is marketed again as simply better online.

As for Nintendo - After they are comfortable in their method in seeking non-consumers I want to see the paradigm shift they've been going on and on about. I want to see the PSX and PS2 core gamers values shift - if that happens my hat's off to them.

People are already going on and on about that more people are buying 2 different consoles than ever before. I wonder if Wii will become the norm for the deep-rooted-core.

I don't Microsoft cares even a little about Sony other then gaming...if they did they wouldn't allow sony to use Windows.

Conspiracy theories are always good for a laugh though.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

• The Wii outsold the PS3 for 83 weeks, the PS3 "won" 2 weeks after major releases and even those 2 weeks were very close.
  • The 199$ price for the ps3 is just not possible during the next 2 years
  • When the PS3 will be able to manage 199$, the Wii will be at 120$ and the next Xbox will be on its way.^^
  • The current situation: Wii outsells the PS3 5.6:1 in NA (Yeah i know, shortages. Let's say 2.5:1) 3.6:1 in Japan and 2:1 in Others

In a word: What the hell were you thinking? :D

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

@ShadowBlind
Theories.... My friend I will now commence the art of browsing the internet for quotes from every exec I can find and I will... wait a sec.

I love refering to Malstrom since he refers to a lot of viable sources in his articles, but I hate him for making them so long, I'll have to read which one has Ken Kuturgi directly saying the PSX will kill Microsoft. Then Microsoft positioning the Xbox360 to mimic the PS2 being the main reason for the 1 year advantage release down to the kinds of games on it.

No one is conspiring by the way it's competition in business, and honestly it doesn't matter what you think in a matter that actions that are now in history are speaking much louder. It would matter what you think/feel if we were predicting something, but I'm not predicating for the portion of my post you decided to pluck out and express your feelings about, when I'm not reinterpreting anything, just stating the obvious.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

The funniest thing ever about this site is the constant posting of a new thread that has to do with a ps3 or 360 price cut to this point and how it will affect the Wii.

The Wii has been out for how long, and with a profit since release price point. Seriously they could drop it down to $100 if they wanted to. They would still be loosing less than ps3 and 360 are with their so called price cuts.

Around the Network

hmm, it seems like no one is agreeing with the OP at all. Its too bad the OP's name isn't named after the person above me.

The ps3 is ahead of its time, I wouldn't be surprised.

Hell to the niddoh

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."