By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Are back..... What Does This Mean For you??

Kenny said:
c0rd said:
tuoyo said:

no I don't think it will come later. I think 3rd parties lack business forsight and also lack creativity (Boom Blox aside). Wii forces them to be creative. They have to be creative with the controls, they have to have ability to maximise graphics out of the reduced power of the console and they have to be creative with gameplay. Most of all they have to blend all these together to match or come close to what Nintendo can do. But I don't see them capable of doing that and even the 3rd parties themselves don't believe they can come close to matching Nintendo. So I think they will just continue to focus on PS360 and rely on bringing out the same games they have been releasing for the past 10 years but with better graphics.

It will be Nintendo's gain and 3rd parties' loss because Nintendo will be left to carnibalise software sales on the leading platform.

Haha, not much faith in the gaming industry huh? I get what you're saying though, Nintendo has brought the whole industry into its home court, one seemingly nobody can compete with them in - the battle of innovation.

However, it's not as if Nintendo is the only one making hits, as Guitar Hero is a great example of 3rd parties being able to come out with their own thing. Time will tell if we can expect anything from them.

From what I can see, time has already told, and the answer is no: Immediately after the Wii had wrested the lead from the 360 in North America, Ubisoft announced the next Prince of Persia game for the 360 and the PS3, EA Games heaped the shovelware onto the Wii at E3, and there are still devs talking about gaming in term of "both" systems (i.e. the PS3 and the 360).  If they were going to change course, they would have done so when the writing was on the wall more than a year ago, and we would start to see the results of that now.  Sadly, we see nothing indicating that third parties at large see the Wii as anything more than a second-class citizen.  Of course, I'm still hoping to be proven wrong come Christmas 2008.

Exactly.  People have been saying that developers bet on the HD systems and it takes like 2 or 3 years to make a game and that games that are coming out now where in development before it became clear Wii was going to be the market leader.  But we have moved beyond that point.  The games being announced now for the HD systems are not games that they started working on 2,3 years ago.  They are games they are starting on now for example Beyond Good & Evil.  And these games are not coming to Wii.  So I have decided to face reality.  I'm not going to expect 3rd parties to change because I don't see any evidence of that change.  If they do then I will be pleasantly suprised.  But I will not hold out hope which means that if they don't change (and I don't expect them to at all) then at least I won't be left disappointed. 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

I think it's great

I dunno. It still sort of feels like the dark days of Gamecube at the moment. Nintendo games are good, but the third parties really need to step up a gear.

Playing: InFamous, Super Robot Taisen OG Saga, Modern Warfare 2

Undying said:

Nintendo is a single entity. Its not plural.

It's, not its.  But I agree, companies should be singular, not plural...it sounds stupid otherwise.  It's a single entity, a collection, nobody says "that group of people are cool"...do they?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

A company whose last video game platform failed to impress, on its' last legs.

Dying, some would say.

A market segregated to a few dedicated minority groups.

One last chance to do it right.

People scoff at its' weakness compared to other platforms.

They laugh at its' lack of buttons and 'gimmicky' new input method.

There's no way it'll ever catch on.

But then it starts to outsell everything on the market.

It becomes the 'cool' thing to have, not just for core gamers but for everyone.

To the general public, its' name becomes synonymous with video games.

The hardcore gamer gets angry.

System X is much more powerful!

The only system for true gamers!

This is just a fad!

It'll slow down! You'll see.

But it doesn't.

The company puts out fantastic new experiences that can only be found here.

Slowly, but surely, third party developers take the system more seriously.

They begin to allocate more and more resources toward its' development.

Those who don't find themselves, financially, sinking deeper, deeper, and deeper. The smaller ones slowly begin to fade out of existence.

But those who generously lend their support are rewarded.

Financial prosperity for the software makers.

Entertainment prosperity for the software users.

Bliss.

Viva la revolution.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Nintendo never leave

What, no one? :(

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

It means that I was right all along. I knew it.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

SmokedHostage said:
@iron_megalith

You better ask MeTc123_VG_EditioN_.

Lolz I just did.. He didn't answer though. XD

Haven't you guys heard!? It's going to be the death of hardcorez gamin as we know it!! THE END IS NIGH!!!