By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Are back..... What Does This Mean For you??

It means a few things:

1) I'm going to need a lot more money for console gaming than I did in the PS era.
2) I don't need to lug my Nintendo console around when my friends want to play Smash Bros.
3) I await Super Mario RPG type collaboration games for the DS / Wii.  Please?

As for Nintendo direction, they're just going to keep doing what they're doing now - give the "hardcore" their share of games while making big hits like the Wii series to stay in the lead.  I have no clue how they'll be able to hold onto the lead when the next consoles come out though, because if their next system is just a "Wii2" their competition will be able to replicate it (or close to it, better than this gen at least).

Around the Network

@iron_megalith

You better ask MeTc123_VG_EditioN_.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Yea brawl kicks ass, but I'm looking to see the oldies updated like Star Fox, DK country (i hate the bongo spin offs)

Nintendo have made money off the Wii so it would be nice to see a few more killer apps each year

tuoyo said:
Well I would have hoped it would have meant I get all the big 3rd party games but unfortunately that hasn't been the case and unlike many Wii fans I don't really think it will ever be the case. But even if I am stuck mainly with only Nintendo games I am still quite happy for Nintendo. They deserve their success as a reward for all the great games and also for taking chances and trying to be innovative.

You don't think it won't come later on, even?  I mean, the Wii is on track to surpass the PS2, it'd be really bizarre for a console with such massive success to be loaded with nothing but mediocre 3rd party games, then Nintendo games.  I'm positive the games will come, it's just really disturbing how long it has taken the 3rd parties.

It's mean now Nintendo got many things to take care of.More games to make ,more people's opinion to listen ,more decision to make. :)

So i'm just have to wait for a while for Ninty new games ,look around and enjoy more 3rd party games.Spend sometime playing games with family ,i'm so happy now. X)

Opinion from Nintendo hardcore gamer.(maybe?) XD

P.S. I'm got a question.As a "hardcore" gamer do you need to go out and flame other companies?Because i'm curious when see fanboys did that.

Around the Network
c0rd said:
tuoyo said:
Well I would have hoped it would have meant I get all the big 3rd party games but unfortunately that hasn't been the case and unlike many Wii fans I don't really think it will ever be the case. But even if I am stuck mainly with only Nintendo games I am still quite happy for Nintendo. They deserve their success as a reward for all the great games and also for taking chances and trying to be innovative.

You don't think it won't come later on, even?  I mean, the Wii is on track to surpass the PS2, it'd be really bizarre for a console with such massive success to be loaded with nothing but mediocre 3rd party games, then Nintendo games.  I'm positive the games will come, it's just really disturbing how long it has taken the 3rd parties.

no I don't think it will come later.  I think 3rd parties lack business forsight and also lack creativity (Boom Blox aside).  Wii forces them to be creative.  They have to be creative with the controls, they have to have ability to maximise graphics out of the reduced power of the console and they have to be creative with gameplay.  Most of all they have to blend all these together to match or come close to what Nintendo can do.  But I don't see them capable of doing that and even the 3rd parties themselves don't believe they can come close to matching Nintendo.  So I think they will just continue to focus on PS360 and rely on bringing out the same games they have been releasing for the past 10 years but with better graphics.

It will be Nintendo's gain and 3rd parties' loss because Nintendo will be left to carnibalise software sales on the leading platform.   

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

tuoyo said:

no I don't think it will come later. I think 3rd parties lack business forsight and also lack creativity (Boom Blox aside). Wii forces them to be creative. They have to be creative with the controls, they have to have ability to maximise graphics out of the reduced power of the console and they have to be creative with gameplay. Most of all they have to blend all these together to match or come close to what Nintendo can do. But I don't see them capable of doing that and even the 3rd parties themselves don't believe they can come close to matching Nintendo. So I think they will just continue to focus on PS360 and rely on bringing out the same games they have been releasing for the past 10 years but with better graphics.

It will be Nintendo's gain and 3rd parties' loss because Nintendo will be left to carnibalise software sales on the leading platform.

Haha, not much faith in the gaming industry huh?  I get what you're saying though, Nintendo has brought the whole industry into its home court, one seemingly nobody can compete with them in - the battle of innovation.

However, it's not as if Nintendo is the only one making hits, as Guitar Hero is a great example of 3rd parties being able to come out with their own thing.  Time will tell if we can expect anything from them.

Playing more Mario based party games with friends on Nintendo consoles?

(which isn't exactly a bash on Nintendo)

Maybe people with shares in Nintendo are affected?

To me it means nothing. I had an N64, my sister had a gamecube, and shes having a wii in 5 months....nintendo are still around as they always were, they are just more popular now

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

nothing the good games are going to HD.