By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I ordered RE4 & Okami for the Wii. What am I getting myself into?

RE4's a really great game ,i hope all 3rd parties will use RE4 and MP3 as a standard in making their FPS games for Wii.

Around the Network

Well, I'll just repeat everyone. Great games, both of them.

Two of the top games of this generation. Okami is better than Twilight Princess. I'll get into a fist fight over that.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Even tho RE4 was originally released in 2005 I'm sure it'll still wow you even if you played it on GameCube.. Yes it really is that good

RE 4 and Okami on the Wii. Are they much better than the PS2 versions of the same games?

Okami and RE 4 are both excellent games. But completely different games.

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:

RE 4 and Okami on the Wii. Are they much better than the PS2 versions of the same games?

Okami and RE 4 are both excellent games. But completely different games.

RE4 is much and much better than on the PS2. PS2 couldn't really handle the graphics, cause the game was optimized for Gamecube, and WiiMote controls tilt the game to a whole new level.

Okami is on par with the PS2 version, but 480p and widescreen are a big plus and the drawing controls are less frustrating than the PS2 controls.

Both great choices, although in my personal opinion RE4 is way more awesome than Okami ;)

Desroko said:
Man, don't even bother with the TMP. It's just a waste of inventory space.

I second the recommendation of the Red9, though.

No, no, you want the TMP. It's my Boss Shredder. Just dump TMP ammo into them until they expose their weak point, then pull out a rifle/magnum/rocket launcher and do some massive damage.

And if that technique doesn't work for you, you at least want a TMP so you can put all the TMP ammo you find to work. Helps you conserve the ammo of weapons you like more. The gun only takes up 6 slots, after all.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

amp316 said:
Two of the top games of this generation. Okami is better than Twilight Princess. I'll get into a fist fight over that.

I need Okami ASAP.

RE4 advice: don't buy everything. Personally I would skip the TMP as well. It uses up too much rare ammo and is too expensive. Its better to sell the TMP ammo for other stuff. Also, really take note at what you are upgrading a gun to and what the next gun starts at...

RE4 is such a great game. I haven't played Okami, but I will get it sooner or later.