By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I ordered RE4 & Okami for the Wii. What am I getting myself into?

RCTjunkie said:

Is there anything else I need to know before I play these?

Well Okami starts very slow with big ass opening cutscene and things tend to drag untill you get out of the first town. I felt it was worth suffering through, but just be warned it'll take a while to get a grip on things and the game kind of beats you over the head with exposition in the beginning.

As for RE4, not sure if you really need to know anything. Other than a maxed out Red 9 kicks ass.

Around the Network

Never Liked RE4, But Im close to the end of Okami at the moment and I can say so far I enjoyed it more than Zelda TP, There seems to be more interesting things to see and the map aint pointlessly large, Plus there is a lot of cool ideas which the latest Zelda's lack whilst they just recyle old ones. Okami is a enjoyable 40hours probally a lot more if you want to 100% without a guide.

You should know that your social life is going to take a hit for a few days. More importantly, when using the TMP in Resident Evil, two and three round bursts are your friend: sustained fire is not.

You will have a hard time with choosing with game to play first they are both awesome.

okami= end of social life for a couple of weeks, nothing else will matter
re4= an end to being unsatisfied after playing a hyped shooter/horror game.

to surmise- they're both fooking awesome games, two of the best 3rd party games for the wii imo.

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

Around the Network

i'm a huge zelda fan and recently got okami as well. i'm about 6 hours in and loving it. it feels like i'm playing a zelda game but with a really fresh take on it (cause lets face it, the zelda formula is getting a bit stale). there is definitely a strong resemblance between twilight princess and okami but not so much to make it feel like a rip off. i'm sure you'll love it. xD

I have RE4 on Wii and I can tell you is one of the best games I've ever played. I cry because although I also have a PS3 I wish for a Wii version of RE5...

The only thing you need to know: Make sure your agenda is cleared, cause you're going to play two of the best games ever, and you're not gonna stop playing.

Two Words :

GOOD TIMES!

Man, don't even bother with the TMP. It's just a waste of inventory space.

I second the recommendation of the Red9, though.