By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I ordered RE4 & Okami for the Wii. What am I getting myself into?

The TMP alone is only six spaces, but it's ten with a stock. You shouldn't use the TMP really, but you definitely shouldn't use it without a stock - it's even more wasteful.

And I just sell the TMP ammo. Free money. The fact that it uses unique rounds is another strike against it. It's pretty hard to play through the game without using a handgun, a shotgun, and a rifle, all with their own ammunition. Lots like to use a magnum as well (though I think a powered shotgun does the deed almost as well). That all takes up a lot of space, and leaves little room for healing items, grenades, and that free rocket launcher.

The TMP also becomes steadily more useless as the game goes on, unless you upgrade it. But that's just less money to spend on your big three.

It's decent at handling crowds, but inferior to any base shotgun. The high capacity is nice (even if it fires so quickly that you still need to reload pretty often), but again, an upgraded shotgun offers pretty high capacity as well.

Bottom line is its expensive, wasteful, bulky, and everything that it does well is done almost as well or better by more efficient weapons. If you really want to use a TMP, play the Mercenaries or Separate Ways.

Around the Network

RE4 is an amazing game, as everyone has mentioned.

I have Okami on deck and I still haven't started it yet. What the hell am I waiting for!?