By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SONY WON E3 HANDS DOWN

Gamer4eva said:

Don't denie it. They fricking owned.

I mean Nintendo's confrence was aload of dog balls and all Microsoft proved they could do is copy the Wii and gain a PS3 game because they don't have any faith in their 1st party.

SONY pushed boundaries here

- 256 people online in 1 game = HUGE

- Infamous = HUGE

- Video Store tonight = HUGE

- LBP = HUGE

- Resistance 2 = Literally HUGE

BWA HA HA

I denie it, they got fricken owned.

They lost FFXIII exclusive, that is huge

256 people online - that could either be good or appaling, depending on how they handle it (i'm not meaning things like lag here, I'm meaning level design and game modes)

Video Store is cool

LBP is going to be sony's 2nd good exclusive game (assuming MGSIV stays exclusive)

Resistance 2... snore

Microsoft showed that nothing is sacred anymore, FFXIII was the biggest symbolic steal since, well since the PS1 stole FF from the 64. Nothing reflects the downfall of Sony from the top spot more than this.

Nintendo showed the 1:1, which means that Ninty has redefined gaming twice in a single generation. I think that deserves a bit of respect. It already has two promising games (Wii Sports resort and Star Wars: Lightsaber Duels) Wii Music will sell millions of copies, as will animal crossing.

In terms of this E3

Nintendo = Microsoft >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sony

Around the Network

Was anyone else suprised that Nintendo had a "Yes we are!" mentality at their conference? The media has criticized them for not selling a lot of software and especially third party software and they have to go, "Yes we are!" and throw a hole bunch of numbers on screen. There were a couple other instances as well but I can't think of them at the moment. It seemed less like they were the market leader selling crap loads of hardware (and rolling in money as my sig suggests) and more like they were in Sony's place, trying to play catch up and they wanted attention.

Because of that I think they were the worst of the three press conferences. We knew about everything they were going to announce, Wii Sports 2, Animal Crossing etc. The only thing we didn't know about was gta for ds and that Activision was putting out a second Guitar Hero for ds in the same year.

Microsoft's press conference didn't show us anything new either except for the movies game and that just looked like another make a fool of yourself in front of other people at a party type of game. And their only big announcement was that they "convinced" SE it was worth it to postpone the release of FF13 to be released on 360 and Netflix which 2/3 users won't be able to take advantage of because Microsoft has been selling 2/3 of their sku's without a hard drive or a very small hard drive.

Sony, while not being great themselves, won because they showed a bunch of games, most of which will be released before E3 next year. They knew that their fan boys were unhappy with the amount of quality games along with other core gamers that bought their system and they delivered. They need to appease these people as they make games like LBP and other "casual" games as they work to reduce the price to get the mass market gamers interested in their system. BTW, I only slightly classify LBP as casual, I think it is classified that way because of the "cute" graphics but there is definitely a lot of game play there for core gamers to really enjoy.

I read FF13 is still PS3 exclusive in Japan.

''Hadouken!''

MS looks like the one that is leading this next generation forward right now.

Sony looks like it one step behind MS with no clear direction. A movie service that will offer little when compred to the 360. A Home program that apparently is another year away, and games that should be playable by now still being shown as trailers. It seems like Sony is dealing with the problem of losing money on a system that they desperately need to get into more consumers hands.

Meanwhile MS shows actual playable games that will be out this year, updates to their live service that will be out this fall, and they still make money on their system.

Nobody who is a Sony fan has to like it, but MS made it clear that this was their show.

i think it might be microsoft that won it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Video store is now up BTW.

So far from what I see New Releases are $3.99 while 6 month or older releases are $2.99.

The $5.99 price is for HD rentals.

I know I rented a few SD movies on LIVE for 240 points I believe, how much does that equate to? Around the same right?

New releases on LIVE are also 320 points right? That should be around $4 or so right?

I think the pricing is very similar, without the need to spend $6 on 500 MS points when I only want to rent a 240 point movie.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Ajax said:

It is. It will also be released first, then they will begin working on the 360 port.

This means the game will release in Japan about a year or so before the US/EU.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
iron_megalith said:
fadetoone said:
My opinion on the big 3 in E3 this year:

Microsoft: Their only big news was the FFXIII bombshell. They didn't announce anything else that was unknown. They showed demos mainly for games that will already be multiplatform or end up so eventually. Seems they want to focus on co-op gameplay, which is something I don't need or want. The only thing I found intriguing was 1vs100 online.

Nintendo: Gigantic joke. Wii Sports Resort: I didn't care about the first Wii sports, and I certainly don't care about doggy discus. WiiMusic = WiiTarded. Acting like you are playing an instrument requires no skill and would be fun for 5 year olds.

Sony: I think it's safe to say everyone expected God of War 3 to come eventually, so it's not a surprise. The concept of MAG is interesting, but I'm probably not going to play it. They showed off a lot of upcoming games for the various platforms, but nothing special. They announced video downloads, and I'm never going to use it.

Who won? I think we all lose.

Definitely I did lose.... Stupid SE and Sony screwed me................ How I wish they'd never tout exclusivity if they're not frickin sure.............................

How did they screw you? You are still getting the game.

You are also getting Versus as well.

too tell you honestly I wouldn't have mind playing FFXIII on 360 but this is too much. Screaming exclusivity and bragging about it in their press conferences up until this year, that's called screwing. Spinoff "meh..." speaking of spin off, I never bought a PSP for the reason of a FF7 spinoff. Also to add to that, FFXIII isn't even done yet which is in frickin announced 2006 or 2005.

All I see is that SE is all in favor of MS this gen. MS has 4 and PS3 has 2. I give that already the benefit of a doubt. It'll probably go to 360 too as they claimed it's still a PS3 exclusive.

As one of the recent purchasers of a PS3 i'd still get FFXIII for my ps3 since that was one of the purpose of buying it.

Euphoria14 said:
Ajax said:

It is. It will also be released first, then they will begin working on the 360 port.

So I can get the game imported,......NICE

^_^

skeezer said:
Euphoria14 said:
Ajax said:

So I can get the game imported,......NICE

Speaking of importing, I am currently learning Kanji so I can import it as well. I am pretty sure if you learn basic Kanji you can understand a Japanese game.

Currently playing: