By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SONY WON E3 HANDS DOWN

scat398 said:
MS looks like the one that is leading this next generation forward right now.

Sony looks like it one step behind MS with no clear direction. A movie service that will offer little when compred to the 360. A Home program that apparently is another year away, and games that should be playable by now still being shown as trailers. It seems like Sony is dealing with the problem of losing money on a system that they desperately need to get into more consumers hands.

Meanwhile MS shows actual playable games that will be out this year, updates to their live service that will be out this fall, and they still make money on their system.

Nobody who is a Sony fan has to like it, but MS made it clear that this was their show.

Their video service is already up in some areas and is being well recieved. Home is launching this year. Several major games have launch dates confirmed. MS did nothing in their show lol Square Enix helped them though.

B

Around the Network
iron_megalith said:
Euphoria14 said:
iron_megalith said:
fadetoone said:
My opinion on the big 3 in E3 this year:

Microsoft: Their only big news was the FFXIII bombshell. They didn't announce anything else that was unknown. They showed demos mainly for games that will already be multiplatform or end up so eventually. Seems they want to focus on co-op gameplay, which is something I don't need or want. The only thing I found intriguing was 1vs100 online.

Nintendo: Gigantic joke. Wii Sports Resort: I didn't care about the first Wii sports, and I certainly don't care about doggy discus. WiiMusic = WiiTarded. Acting like you are playing an instrument requires no skill and would be fun for 5 year olds.

Sony: I think it's safe to say everyone expected God of War 3 to come eventually, so it's not a surprise. The concept of MAG is interesting, but I'm probably not going to play it. They showed off a lot of upcoming games for the various platforms, but nothing special. They announced video downloads, and I'm never going to use it.

Who won? I think we all lose.

Definitely I did lose.... Stupid SE and Sony screwed me................ How I wish they'd never tout exclusivity if they're not frickin sure.............................

How did they screw you? You are still getting the game.

You are also getting Versus as well.

too tell you honestly I wouldn't have mind playing FFXIII on 360 but this is too much. Screaming exclusivity and bragging about it in their press conferences up until this year, that's called screwing. Spinoff "meh..." speaking of spin off, I never bought a PSP for the reason of a FF7 spinoff. Also to add to that, FFXIII isn't even done yet which is in frickin announced 2006 or 2005.

All I see is that SE is all in favor of MS this gen. MS has 4 and PS3 has 2. I give that already the benefit of a doubt. It'll probably go to 360 too as they claimed it's still a PS3 exclusive.

As one of the recent purchasers of a PS3 i'd still get FFXIII for my ps3 since that was one of the purpose of buying it.

According to Tetsuya Nomura both games are set in the same universe but otherwise unrelated. It was said to be completely independant of FF XIII.

I am looking at it as a Final Fantasy from an anti-heroes point of view.

You would be suprised at how many are looking forward to this game more than FF XIII.

I am just glad PS3 is getting both. If we get KH3 as well it is all gravy.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I've always been sorta anti-Xbox cause there's never been anything on it I've wanted. Before I was always a nintendo person, and the only reason I moved to playstation and PS2 was because japanese rpgs were on it, as they moved from nintendo to that. I still love the Nintendo first party games, so I'll always buy their stuff.. but it's seeming more and more like the DS and xbox 360 are the way to go for japanese rpgs this time around.. especially with the FF13 announcement.

So, considering that, I'd have to really say that the MS conference made the biggest splash of them all.. the most uproar and interest in general, for me and seemingly a lot of others. Considering there are already a couple of decent rpgs on it already, and a number on the way, I'm finding it easy to imagine me getting one!

And of course, if PS3 ever gets something I really want that I can't get anywhere else, I'll pick one up.. though there's nothing now or anything on the horizon that I can see. Just kinda hoping for another 360 price drop soon D: Cause I'm poor.

Damn, a Whole year wait is HUGe, Peaople in America should be pissed instead of excited over M$'s announcement.

^_^

Gamer4eva said:

Don't denie it. They fricking owned.

I mean Nintendo's confrence was aload of dog balls and all Microsoft proved they could do is copy the Wii and gain a PS3 game because they don't have any faith in their 1st party.

SONY pushed boundaries here

- 256 people online in 1 game = HUGE

- Infamous = HUGE

- Video Store tonight = HUGE

- LBP = HUGE

- Resistance 2 = Literally HUGE

Right so we must have missed the XBLA games, Banjo and stuff.

As for Resistance2 that was one shitty demo they played onstage, cardboard buildings except for the ones you are predestined to get tossed in, just a flat surface instead of a street between the buildings and low details on the monster.

And for MAG and God of War3 they showed some CG.

Dissapointing to say the least;

Also a big WTF for the third party talking heads shit and Trettons year of the PS3 crap.

2k8 truly is the year of the PS3 and what better way to show that then by showing multiplatform games and a few games that will release in 2k9?

Then you had the third party talking heads mentioning just how awesomely powerfull PS3 is, how the HDD helps em out in developing, how liberating the unlimited amound of space on Blu Ray is and what a kick ass all around system PS3 is, these are the same people BTW struggling to make their games perform the same on PS3 as they do on 360.

Nice show of confidence by Sony to hide their lack of actual progress.

Around the Network

Edit: Deleted

I think they are struggling because they were developed on 360 first, I think it has been shown the best multiplats have started on ps3 and moved over to 360.

Gamer4eva said:
All microsoft did was get a PS3 game, oh no!

Wake up, SONY showed the best games here.

So Gears2, Banjo, Fable2, Beavis and Butthead, Star Ocean4, Geometry Wars2, Fallout 3 with exclusive content,Rock Band2, RE5, Galaga Legions, Portal: Still Alive, Left4Dead, Viva Pinata2, You're In The Movies, Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery etcetera are all shitty games then?

You are right, all MS did was get a PS3 game.

Xiru said:
BengaBenga said:
lol @ everyone that denies that Microsoft won e3.

What did they show that was groundbreaking? I guess you are a fan of casual titles? Sony won easily. Infamous, MAG, 80gb for 399, video store. They owned everything MS had.

A limited video store, MAG was only shown as CG and the 399$ 80gb PS3 has its backward compatibility removed.

Fishie said:
Gamer4eva said:
All microsoft did was get a PS3 game, oh no!

Wake up, SONY showed the best games here.

So Gears2, Banjo, Fable2, Beavis and Butthead, Star Ocean4, Geometry Wars2, Fallout 3 with exclusive content,Rock Band2, RE5, Galaga Legions, Portal: Still Alive, Left4Dead, Viva Pinata2, You're In The Movies, Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery etcetera are all shitty games then?

You are right, all MS did was get a PS3 game.

Half of those game you just spewed are on Ps3 as well sparkie.