By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SONY WON E3 HANDS DOWN

FishyJoe said:
Shameless said:
FishyJoe said:

No, we are not supposed to be gamers. There are many hardcore gamers on this site, but there are also people who have different interests as well.

This site is focused on game sales. That is the reason many of the people visit this site, for game sales of ALL kinds.

If anyone on this site is not interested in games then pigs can indeed fly.

There are people who read this board who are more interested in the business aspects of gaming than the actual games themselves. Not everyone is like you, they will not have the same gaming interests. There are plenty of other internet forums you can go if gaming is your only interest.

The discussion of game sales is not only welcome but encouraged.

So people come to a site to view data, reviews, release dates, read live blogs, etc... on games because they are not interested in games?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

the only games i was excited about on the 360 was gears of war 2 and fable 2. For the ps3, i was happy to finally see a god of war 3 trailer. kratos is coming! and resistance 2 and killzone 2. I was really expecting a release date for playstation home. The new video feature to the playstation network is awesome.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

fadetoone said:
My opinion on the big 3 in E3 this year:

Microsoft: Their only big news was the FFXIII bombshell. They didn't announce anything else that was unknown. They showed demos mainly for games that will already be multiplatform or end up so eventually. Seems they want to focus on co-op gameplay, which is something I don't need or want. The only thing I found intriguing was 1vs100 online.

Nintendo: Gigantic joke. Wii Sports Resort: I didn't care about the first Wii sports, and I certainly don't care about doggy discus. WiiMusic = WiiTarded. Acting like you are playing an instrument requires no skill and would be fun for 5 year olds.

Sony: I think it's safe to say everyone expected God of War 3 to come eventually, so it's not a surprise. The concept of MAG is interesting, but I'm probably not going to play it. They showed off a lot of upcoming games for the various platforms, but nothing special. They announced video downloads, and I'm never going to use it.

Who won? I think we all lose.

Definitely I did lose.... Stupid SE and Sony screwed me................ How I wish they'd never tout exclusivity if they're not frickin sure.............................

iron_megalith said:
fadetoone said:
My opinion on the big 3 in E3 this year:

Microsoft: Their only big news was the FFXIII bombshell. They didn't announce anything else that was unknown. They showed demos mainly for games that will already be multiplatform or end up so eventually. Seems they want to focus on co-op gameplay, which is something I don't need or want. The only thing I found intriguing was 1vs100 online.

Nintendo: Gigantic joke. Wii Sports Resort: I didn't care about the first Wii sports, and I certainly don't care about doggy discus. WiiMusic = WiiTarded. Acting like you are playing an instrument requires no skill and would be fun for 5 year olds.

Sony: I think it's safe to say everyone expected God of War 3 to come eventually, so it's not a surprise. The concept of MAG is interesting, but I'm probably not going to play it. They showed off a lot of upcoming games for the various platforms, but nothing special. They announced video downloads, and I'm never going to use it.

Who won? I think we all lose.

Definitely I did lose.... Stupid SE and Sony screwed me................ How I wish they'd never tout exclusivity if they're not frickin sure.............................

How did they screw you? You are still getting the game.

You are also getting Versus as well.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
FishyJoe said:
Shameless said:
FishyJoe said:

No, we are not supposed to be gamers. There are many hardcore gamers on this site, but there are also people who have different interests as well.

This site is focused on game sales. That is the reason many of the people visit this site, for game sales of ALL kinds.

There are people who read this board who are more interested in the business aspects of gaming than the actual games themselves. Not everyone is like you, they will not have the same gaming interests. There are plenty of other internet forums you can go if gaming is your only interest.

So people come to a site to view data, reviews, release dates, read live blogs, etc... on games because they are not interested in games?

I didn't say that.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Euphoria14 said:
FishyJoe said:
Shameless said:
FishyJoe said:

I didn't say that.

Well then my apologies.

Although when someone says something on the lines of "There more people here interested in the sales of games then the games themselves" it is fairly easy to think along those lines.

From what I read here I agree many here come for the the sales data, but I also see majority of those people being gamers who actually also care about the games themselves.

Like with your comment "There are plenty of other internet forums you can go if gaming is your only interest.", this is exactly why people like myself and many others come here over many of the other forums around the net, it does a remarkable job of mixing the two. I find no reason to go to the other sites when this site and it's users report all that the others site report. :)

Currently playing:

Yahoo's top story quote "Sony Takes the Lead: Xbox 360 and Nintendo should be nervous about the news Sony has for PlayStation fans."

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/e3-2008/e3-2008-blogs/1227326

B

mr.elite said:
Yahoo's top story quote "Sony Takes the Lead: Xbox 360 and Nintendo should be nervous about the news Sony has for PlayStation fans."

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/e3-2008/e3-2008-blogs/1227326

Seems Yahoo agrees with the TC.

Headline reads

Console wars heat up for 2008: Sony impresses, Microsoft surprises, Nintendo disappoints

Closing statement.

"Perhaps, perhaps not. Either way, this year's E3, so far, belongs to Sony -- and if you're still on the fence about which new system you're going to spring for, your decision just got a whole lot tougher."

Currently playing:

well m$ didn't had anything i couldn't get on the ps3.
since their whole thing its timed exclusive or commming the ps3 first ff13 jap.

god of war on the other side is HUGEEEEEEEEEEE.

if you never played one you can't understand how epic that game is,

kratos is the only man that made chuck norris look like a pussy.

Check this comment.

"All the same, the 360's Dashboard interface is undergoing a serious overhaul this year, and looks to be coming out cleaner, with more downloadable games, and including custom avatars that are, not to mince words, a complete rip-off of Nintendo's Miis. ("Where else could you get an avatar creation system but on Xbox Live?" one developer commented. We have no idea.)"

Currently playing: