By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SONY WON E3 HANDS DOWN

Do RPGs sell on the 360? I was tempted to get one for blue dragon and lost oddessy but I heard they wernt that good. FF13 will be good, but i dont know how many fps fans like rpgs.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Shameless said:
shams said:
alucardremixed said:
@shams

The stuff you can do in LBP, and games like PixelJunk Eden, Locoroco, Elefunk, Patapon is *Hardcore* right?
your remark = FAIL

So how many of these games are going to change sales trends, sell hardware or change this generation?

LBP is hardly "new" or unexpected.

You are welcome to your views, I don't expect you to agree with me at all. But in 6-9 months time, we'll be looking back at this E3 - and see that Sony's announcements had the least impact by far.

We're supposed to be gamers. Fuck sales, were you actually impressed by anything Nintendo showed?

No, we are not supposed to be gamers. There are many hardcore gamers on this site, but there are also people who have different interests as well.

This site is focused on game sales. That is the reason many of the people visit this site, for game sales of ALL kinds.

If anyone on this site is not interested in games then pigs can indeed fly.

allergic said:
microsoft owned sony and nintendo.
Gears2, fable2,banjo3, pinata2,casual stuff and FFXIII. And tomorrow BUNGIE DAY.
Poor ps3...

This

Fallout 3 looked good as well.

Ok let me break this down.

MS showed us RE5. Also on PS3. ok
MS showed us Fallout3. Also on PS3. ok
MS showed us Lips. Singstar?
MS showed us Rockband. Also on PS3. ok
MS showed Final Fantasy XIII. Also on PS3. ok

MS won in terms of RPG's, that I can agree on.

Fable 2. One of my most anticipated titles this year.
Star Ocean 4. "Not announced exclusive". So big ??? right there IMO.
Last Remnant. Also coming to PS3.
Infinite Undiscovery.

Any originality in that conference? No.

Now let us turn to Sony.

Sony showed us God of War.
Sony showed us Socom.
Sony showed us Little Big Planet.
Sony showed us MAG.
Sony showed us inFamous.
Sony showed us Ratchet and Clank.

I would keep going, but see what I did there? I already showed more exclusive titles without needing to name 25% of the titles shown today.

Also let me ask you all this.

It comes time to buy FFXIII. Now you are going to the store to pick up the game along with a console. Which console do you pick up? The one with a 1 disc version or the one with the mutlidisc port?

Let us not forget either if you pick up the latter, you will also need to pick up the former when Versus releases.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

ZenfoldorVGI said:
ssj12 said:
Godot said:
I'm sorry but after having lost their biggest exclusive title, it's the announcement of a 256 mmo game that will save the day...

FFXIII is not that important... I;m sorry it isnt.

Because MAG is a system seller. FFXIII is more important than anything Sony has or will have releasing on their system besides Gran Turismo and Grand Theft Auto. How important does it have to be? It's one of the few titles that will actuall affect hardware sales by itself. MAG is not even close.

MAG of been if it was very near launch, but at this point xbox 360 has all but completly captured the FPS market... and is now closing in on the RPG market while sticking its finger in the casual pie Nintendo is devouring.

Around the Network
Shameless said:
FishyJoe said:
Shameless said:
shams said:
alucardremixed said:
@shams

The stuff you can do in LBP, and games like PixelJunk Eden, Locoroco, Elefunk, Patapon is *Hardcore* right?
your remark = FAIL

So how many of these games are going to change sales trends, sell hardware or change this generation?

LBP is hardly "new" or unexpected.

You are welcome to your views, I don't expect you to agree with me at all. But in 6-9 months time, we'll be looking back at this E3 - and see that Sony's announcements had the least impact by far.

We're supposed to be gamers. Fuck sales, were you actually impressed by anything Nintendo showed?

No, we are not supposed to be gamers. There are many hardcore gamers on this site, but there are also people who have different interests as well.

This site is focused on game sales. That is the reason many of the people visit this site, for game sales of ALL kinds.

Don't worry about it bro.

Gamers, you know... the ones who are interested in GAMES, will tell you Sony won this E3.

Funny how everyone complains how Sony doesn't care about games first, now they show them and there is an excuse as to why it was no good. Now it shifts to innovation, which MS showed none of and Sony showed us a console that is going to bring MMO's. When has a console ever come close to 256 player online? How can someone downplay that?

Everyone says 1 game doesn't make a difference. Yet now all of a sudden it does. Even if that game is multiplatform.

Then we have some who are throwing MS games at the Sony shown games. GoW2/R2, Banjo/LBP (WHAT?!), Scene it?/Buzz, Lips/Singstar, etc... yet after game 4-5, they have nothing to compare to KZ2, MAG, DCU, Ratchet and Clank, GOW3, etc...

Only gamers that will not admit Sony won this E3 are RPG fans, it sucked for them.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

not really Microsoft already has a cideo store no big shocker there and ps3 got rid of backwards compatibility and thats only 3 games

cattmanndann said:
not really Microsoft already has a cideo store no big shocker there and ps3 got rid of backwards compatibility and thats only 3 games

Can you purchase movies outright on there? Can you take those movies on the go?

Why is everyone clearly ommiting the otherwise obvious differences between the two?

As for Netflix, does anyone here have a subscription other than me?

The instant view selection is horrible.

They also say you can go party with friends and watch these movies together. Wasn't that also announced for HOME a long time ago?

Currently playing:

Gamer4eva said:

Don't denie it. They fricking owned.

I mean Nintendo's confrence was aload of dog balls and all Microsoft proved they could do is copy the Wii and gain a PS3 game because they don't have any faith in their 1st party.

SONY pushed boundaries here

- 256 people online in 1 game = HUGE 

Take that World of Warcraft! The PC is doomed.

Gamer4eva said:

- Infamous = HUGE

Oh you know it buddy!

Gamer4eva said:

- Video Store tonight = HUGE

Take that disc format media, oh wait....

Gamer4eva said:

- LBP = HUGE

Wow, Little Big Planet, I had no idea that was comming to the PS3.

Gamer4eva said:

- Resistance 2 = Literally HUGE

Wow! Had no idea they were making a second one, this sure is a shocking surprise. I mean, Resistance 2? That was so out of no where! ;)

Shameless said:
FishyJoe said:

There are people who read this board who are more interested in the business aspects of gaming than the actual games themselves. Not everyone is like you, they will not have the same gaming interests. There are plenty of other internet forums you can go if gaming is your only interest.

The discussion of game sales is not only welcome but encouraged.