By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SONY WON E3 HANDS DOWN

How are you measuring "won"? By the quantity of "hardcore" game footage shown? Then, sure - Ninty lost easily. But in terms of "future potential", or "changing trends" - Sony did nothing IMO.

I guess it does depend what people are looking for in a footnote.

I agree that the hardcore will be VERY disappointed with the Ninty conference, and for good reason. But I'm confident enough that those games will be shown anyway - at the right time, and before they get released.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

@shams

The stuff you can do in LBP, and games like PixelJunk Eden, Locoroco, Elefunk, Patapon is *Hardcore* right?
your remark = FAIL

Gamer4eva said:

SONY pushed boundaries here

- 256 people online in 1 game = HUGE

- Infamous = HUGE

- Video Store tonight = HUGE

- LBP = HUGE

- Resistance 2 = Literally HUGE

huh ?

Is there anything good or playable in that ?

(exept already announced LBP)

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Sad thread.......
Biggest shocker = FXIII so MS won with that
Sony won with more impressieve games showing to be honest.
But i'm worried my opinion won't be respected by all the fanboys.....:(

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

im not sure who won to be honest.. i was impressed by gears of war 2
littke big planet and resistance 2 and that might be it. . fable 2 looked boring.... fallout and R5 will be on ps3 too. as will FFXIII

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network
alucardremixed said:
@shams

The stuff you can do in LBP, and games like PixelJunk Eden, Locoroco, Elefunk, Patapon is *Hardcore* right?
your remark = FAIL

So how many of these games are going to change sales trends, sell hardware or change this generation?

LBP is hardly "new" or unexpected.

You are welcome to your views, I don't expect you to agree with me at all. But in 6-9 months time, we'll be looking back at this E3 - and see that Sony's announcements had the least impact by far.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

sony won this E3, but Microsoft had the biggest shocker. FF13 for the 360 is big, real big. But will it help the 360? imo i dont think it will.

I see it like this: yes, people who now own a 360 and planned to buy the ps3 for ff13, dont have to do that anymore. But the ff fans sitting on the sideline will still choose the ps3. If you buy a concole only for one game, then you should be a major fan, and if you are a major fan would you not want to play ff 13 versus as well as ff13? So the way i see it, it helps the 360 image for the next gen, but i dont think it will do so much this gen. Rather than a major win for the 360 i would call it a major loss for the ps3.

OK, the microsoft rip offs were nothing but pathetic. Fable 2, banjo, viva pinjata 2, geow2 and the jrpgs, these games are basically the entire 360 line up for now. And they didnt announce alot of new stuff. Sony on the other side announced alot of new games and except from resistance 2 they showed us something new. LIke god of war 3, Mag, ratchet and clank + alot of others. So from my perspective sony won hands down. I have both concoles and ff13 on the 360 didnt really catch my interest since i already knew i was going to play the game anyway. Rather than that i was dissapointed since i dont like multiplatform games.

@shams

What determines a good E3 showing for me is new games/concepts that are compelling and that I can't wait to try. I don't care if nintendo's e3 showing will make them rake in more money this year than last year or push even more hardware. I simply wanted to hear about something new, and for them to show something about it that would get me excited for it's eventual release. By this standard, all 3 companies failed miserably.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I'd say Sony had best overall content and flow, but was missing any news that really created a stir...

While MS to me only really had news that created a stir...

And Nintendo had almost nothing... but then they didn't need to have anything frankly as E3 I would argue means nothing to Nintendo with their current Wii/DS sales and massive adoption by a broad range of general gamers

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I love how all the Sony fans are wetting themselves over the idea of having OMG, 200+ people online in a game!!!!1 IT MUST BE THE CELL!!!!1!2

World of Warcraft, or any other PC game really, laughs at that pathetic number. Seriosuly, I'v seen city raids with more than that.