By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SONY WON E3 HANDS DOWN

Fishie said:
Gamer4eva said:
All microsoft did was get a PS3 game, oh no!

Wake up, SONY showed the best games here.

So Gears2, Banjo, Fable2, Beavis and Butthead, Star Ocean4, Geometry Wars2, Fallout 3 with exclusive content,Rock Band2, RE5, Galaga Legions, Portal: Still Alive, Left4Dead, Viva Pinata2, You're In The Movies, Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery etcetera are all shitty games then?

You are right, all MS did was get a PS3 game.

Fallout 3 and RE5 are on PS3, too. There may be exclusive DLC for Fallout only, but where is that GTA DLC? Rock Band 2 and Last Remnant are only timed exclusives. Left4Dead and Star Ocean 4 could be on PS3 as well. You're in the Movies is a shitty game, yes. You should have mentioned Lips, the Singstar copy, because at least it has the song importing.

The only new announcements were Geometry Wars 2 and FF13 being multiplat ouside of Japan. I'd say Sony beat Microsoft on downloadable games (Ratchet only $15, Pixeljunk Eden, etc). The video service caught up a lot, and Sony has its own exclusive Studio. Not to mention you can transfer purchases to other devices, incuding PSP (which I believe isn't possible on Live, correct me if I'm wrong).

Resistance 2 evens out Gears 2. LBP destroys Banjo and Viva Pinata 1.5 (it's not called 2 for a reason). I'd say Sony won, but I'm not surprised at all that people say Microsoft won beause of that 1 shock.

Around the Network
Leetgeek said:
Fishie said:
Gamer4eva said:

So Gears2, Banjo, Fable2, Beavis and Butthead, Star Ocean4, Geometry Wars2, Fallout 3 with exclusive content,Rock Band2, RE5, Galaga Legions, Portal: Still Alive, Left4Dead, Viva Pinata2, You're In The Movies, Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery etcetera are all shitty games then?

Half of those game you just spewed are on Ps3 as well sparkie.

To be fair Sony showed some multiplats as well during the conference. It jus touted its 1st party a lot louder than anyone else especially in light of...the obvious

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Not only did Sony showed some great new games for the PS3, the new PSP games looked excellent. Continued support for PS2 and 130 games on the way. PSN updates and HOME look awesome and more PSN games are on the way.

Well Jack was pretty boring but the games and stuff spoke for themselves. Where was Kaz Hirai?

because GOW 3 has shown as CG movie .. its mean its will take a looong time before its released .. thats happend with some games also .. for example : Killzone 2 .. for that i dont care that much now.

colonelstubbs said:
Resistance 2 will destroy Geow2.

So there

kind of like how resistance 1 owned Geow 1?? oh wait a minute..

Around the Network
Griffin said:
BengaBenga said:
Griffin said:
BengaBenga said:
Xiru said:
BengaBenga said:
Xiru said:
BengaBenga said:
lol @ everyone that denies that Microsoft won e3.

What did they show that was groundbreaking? I guess you are a fan of casual titles? Sony won easily. Infamous, MAG, 80gb for 399, video store. They owned everything MS had.

Groundbraking you ask?

They stole the frigging exclusivity of PS3's most important game. You can damage control all you want, but that ALONE is enough to win E3.

Besides that the Netflix deal is enormous. Gears of War 2 was at least equal to Resistance 2.

Come on, they steal another PS3 exclusive, don't even get it released in Japan, and somehow they beat Sony's impressive showing of new and known games? MS fanboydom must be nice.

lol, hilarious. Everyone here knows I'm a Nintendo fanboy. That makes me at least more unbiased than you.

You might be a Nintendo fanboy, but you hate on Sony and their games all the time, plus you make stuff up to support you claims which are just insane.

Please show me what I made up? I'm actually curious.
I don't hate on Sony, I just hate the complete insanity that goes with SOME Sony fanboys.

In the second e3 chat you said Sony was hyping Killzone2, which is a lie, Sony and GG show just about nothing for this game.  Even the official killzone site has just about nothing on it.  The official Sony forums for Killzone2 also have about nothing on Killzone2. The PSN only has two trailers for Killzone2 even.

E305-  The first showing with a CGI video of what Killzone2 maybe like.
E307- They show one level during the Sony conference, with a couple videos leaked during the conference of the same level but farther in.
leipzig 07- The have a 25min developer walk through of part of the level shown at E3.
Gamers day 08- They show part of the sceond level in a demo that was playable for media people.  Several videos come out of the same part on various websites. There also also several 5-10mins talks with GG developers about Killzone2, between now and E3.
e308- Some more videos of the later half of the level shown at gamers day, Killzone2 was not even a major part of this E3 sony conference, they showed it for several seconds when they showed what was coming out on the PS3.

Thats not very much for 3 years.

You are very much mistaken, I and many others have played Killzone2 as far back as Leipzig 2k7 and since.

In my honest opinion I think that all three were disappointing. Seriously, overall it was a lame E3. :( The new Wii Sports with the Wii Motion Plus will be cool NEXT SPRING.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Euphoria14 said:
Shameless said:
FishyJoe said:
Shameless said:
shams said:
alucardremixed said:
@shams

The stuff you can do in LBP, and games like PixelJunk Eden, Locoroco, Elefunk, Patapon is *Hardcore* right?
your remark = FAIL

So how many of these games are going to change sales trends, sell hardware or change this generation?

LBP is hardly "new" or unexpected.

You are welcome to your views, I don't expect you to agree with me at all. But in 6-9 months time, we'll be looking back at this E3 - and see that Sony's announcements had the least impact by far.

We're supposed to be gamers. Fuck sales, were you actually impressed by anything Nintendo showed?

No, we are not supposed to be gamers. There are many hardcore gamers on this site, but there are also people who have different interests as well.

This site is focused on game sales. That is the reason many of the people visit this site, for game sales of ALL kinds.

If anyone on this site is not interested in games then pigs can indeed fly.

Don't worry about it bro.

Gamers, you know... the ones who are interested in GAMES, will tell you Sony won this E3.

Funny how everyone complains how Sony doesn't care about games first, now they show them and there is an excuse as to why it was no good. Now it shifts to innovation, which MS showed none of and Sony showed us a console that is going to bring MMO's. When has a console ever come close to 256 player online? How can someone downplay that?

Everyone says 1 game doesn't make a difference. Yet now all of a sudden it does. Even if that game is multiplatform.

Then we have some who are throwing MS games at the Sony shown games. GoW2/R2, Banjo/LBP (WHAT?!), Scene it?/Buzz, Lips/Singstar, etc... yet after game 4-5, they have nothing to compare to KZ2, MAG, DCU, Ratchet and Clank, GOW3, etc...

Only gamers that will not admit Sony won this E3 are RPG fans, it sucked for them.

How can this E3 suck for RPG fans?

They have more big RPG`s to look forward to then during most years.

Leetgeek said:
Fishie said:
Gamer4eva said:

Half of those game you just spewed are on Ps3 as well sparkie.

Most are not.

Fishie said:
Gamer4eva said:

Don't denie it. They fricking owned.

I mean Nintendo's confrence was aload of dog balls and all Microsoft proved they could do is copy the Wii and gain a PS3 game because they don't have any faith in their 1st party.

SONY pushed boundaries here

- 256 people online in 1 game = HUGE

- Infamous = HUGE

- Video Store tonight = HUGE

- LBP = HUGE

- Resistance 2 = Literally HUGE

Right so we must have missed the XBLA games, Banjo and stuff.

As for Resistance2 that was one shitty demo they played onstage, cardboard buildings except for the ones you are predestined to get tossed in, just a flat surface instead of a street between the buildings and low details on the monster.

And for MAG and God of War3 they showed some CG.

Dissapointing to say the least;

Also a big WTF for the third party talking heads shit and Trettons year of the PS3 crap.

2k8 truly is the year of the PS3 and what better way to show that then by showing multiplatform games and a few games that will release in 2k9?

Then you had the third party talking heads mentioning just how awesomely powerfull PS3 is, how the HDD helps em out in developing, how liberating the unlimited amound of space on Blu Ray is and what a kick ass all around system PS3 is, these are the same people BTW struggling to make their games perform the same on PS3 as they do on 360.

Nice show of confidence by Sony to hide their lack of actual progress.

Um... At least they made some trailers.  One upped MS' big nothing, as far as new AAA-game announcements went.  Don't get me wrong, I wanted more, but you make it sound like MS or Nintendo had something new to show off to compete with the trailers Sony had.

Everyone had trailers of old stuff.  Sony had trailers of new stuff.  In the oh-so-grand contest of not-much-to-show, Sony wins, and MS and Ninty lost.  Get over it -- as if it mattered.